My newest and most unusual worship project to date, Song of the Lamb is an astonishing journey into the sacrifice, the holiness, and the intimate, even painful yearnings of the Lord Jesus’ vulnerable heart of passion. This project contains five complex “soaking” songs, each one reflecting a different Kingdom theme, which the last days’ company of believers will need to experience for the battles ahead. These are songs where you can get lost in worship, impartation, and meditation on Scriptural readings and intercessory prayers… you’ve heard these verses before, but they come alive when set in the context of this richly woven tapestry of worship music. But they are also complete and deeply satisfying songs, containing Scriptures, intimacy, poetry and revelation.
The songs contain a quilting of many diverse sections, forming new harmonic structures that I heard the Lord singing to me in the night hours. Woven into each song are many spoken Scriptural readings and passionate spoken prayers, set to intricate orchestration. Here are the Kingdom themes the Lord gave me:
1. The Atonement provided by the blood of the Lamb
2. The Worship of the Holy God in His Throne Room
3. The Intimate yearning exchanged between the Bridegroom, the Lord Jesus, and His Bride (the corporate Body of the Lord, those who are wholeheartedly devoted to Him), as expressed in the Song of Solomon
4. The undying love in the Lord’s heart for the nation of Israel and the Jewish people; a song of Scriptures and intercessions for Israel
5. The perfect Union between the Bridegroom and His Bride. As she finally opens the garden of her heart to Him, the two become One, and she is bone of His bones and flesh of His flesh.