It’s music in the swirly world of electro pop with hints of punk and alternative style. Its computer pop with a sarcastic grin. “Toxic Demeanor” is the story of a nerdy guy gone bad and crazy sexy. At times confessional & humorously intentional, it is electro quirkiternative poptronica. He is most often compared with Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Dragonette, Ke$ha and Madonna.
Preston Bowman is an American solo recording artist specializing in electronic dance pop music. After releasing singles Verti-Go, Hostile Takeover & Crazy Boy on iTunes. “My sound is a cocktail of electric dance music from the heart. I produce and write all of my songs. My job is to make you think, make you dance and make you laugh. Be prepared.”
This album has been a work in progress for about 2 years now and I've encountered just about every stumble and obstacle life could throw at me but it's done! I wanted to create pop music while incorporating some alternative flair, something wild and energetic. I wanted it to be funny and dark with a little sexy in there too. This album has an element of both my past and my future. A few of my older unreleased demos became the building blocks of some brand new songs, while the production is a style I really want to continue and develop in the future. Also incorporating current/recent life situations.
Here are track by track liner notes:
1) Hostile Takeover - Bit crushed, electric banjo, britney inspired good guy gone bad
2) I Could Lose Myself - Whirly synths, vocoder, psychedelic lyrics, getting lost in someone, rewritten/reproduced demo from many moons ago.
3) Verti-Go - Electric banjo, love confusion dance anthem, killer synth in 3rd verse, remix of "Vertigo" from "Roll The Dice"
4) Witch Dr. Drug - My "pseudo-acoustic" song with a tribal feel. About being dependent on "mr.fix it". Originally an electro ballad but wasn't happy with it.
5) Str8Jacket - Synthpop ballad, rock amp voice verse, vocoder chorus, epic trippy. I am most proud of this song.
6) Luv-a-holics - Club song, a "mash up" of a new song and an unreleased song "your guy".
7) Crazy Boy - Crazy funky, "Preston's Anthem" goofy and off the wall guitar driven. Almost scrapped until I came up with the 3rd verse sing/rap section.
8) More To Life - Punk inspired electro song about a "lush" and the lecturing "geeves".
9) Pretty Face - Electro rock song kind of like "verti-go pt2", jaded revenge lyrics. Almost named "Hey Pretty Face".
10) Toxic Demeanor - Circus-like synths low voice transformer, title track was a last minute addition and while it's loved, it set me back a little. Also remixed 2nd part of the song, it's actually a different beat from the first half.