In a concept album as large and the Island of Saints and Scholars itself, Irish harpist and singer Áine Minogue explores the history of Celtic spirituality through music. The Mysts of Time: Chants and Melodies of the Ageless Celtic Lands is the result of her intense personal quest to discover the essence of the Irish spirit, with its rich and varied relationship to the divine.
Look back through The Mysts of Time and tap into these ancient wellsprings with 13 songs that encompass the changing face of Celtic spirituality, from the three Brigits, to the three Marys, to the wonders of nature. It is all here:
* Mal Bhán Ní Chuilionáin – a traditional song of humorous repentance
* Puer Natus – a Christmas carol from the Benedictine nuns of the Isle of Wight
* Keening Song – the haunting, pre-Christian funeral rite of Irish crones
* Anach Cuan – a powerful song in the tradition of laments
* 9 other gemstones of Celtic spirituality
Irish harp, vocals, clarinet, oboe, violin, guitar, mandolin, English horn, Bodhran, Irish pipes, keyboards and harmony vocals.