Introduced to the joys of repetitive beats by the techno-hippies of Oxfordshire (UK), Analog Rob soon was playing contemporary house in local clubs and underground trance at free parties in the surrounding fields. Returning to America, he set out to create music like that found blaring from the speakers at silly o'clock in the morning when everyone present is in the zone, and Acid Beats is the first release from that endeavour. Focused on the notion that "the sound is the song" throughout, these tracks display the raw energy that comes from an artist getting to know his equipment while incorporating a heightened sense of emotional expression. When it comes to techno and trance that chug-a-lugs, Analog Rob knows his beats.
1) Squat Party Tekno : Anyone who's been to one knows where this is going...
2) Spires : Dreaming away the rainy days while looking through the window glaze.
3) Burning Free : Psychedelic layers of beeps on beats.
4) The Techno Song : Is there such a thing as techno-rock?
5) Canonical : Like looking down the barrel of a synthetic techo cannon.
6) Loops 4 Toys : Hard pounding psycho-techno!
7) Patches : Squelchy, squeaky, sounds sliding over an ostinato beat.
8) Lite's Out : Everyone should clap along in the dark for this one.
9) Moxie : More techno-rock to jump around to.
10) Slo Tranz : Spacey trance song with layered acid lines.
11) Do The Job? : Up-tempo funky techno that gets the job done.