"BLESSED ARE THE ONES"
NOTE FROM ANN M. WOLF:
ALBUM DESCRIPTION: "Blessed are the Ones" is a collection of original and traditional songs of inspiration, which honor those in public service and reflect on what is wonderful about America, its history, and founders.
Though some of this material will speak of my experiences growing up as a US Citizen, most of the songs are universal to all those who love God and who wish to learn everything that He has for us as His Family, in the Spirit.
It has been said that America has been like a Bright City on a Hill for the world to see; yet, the vision of liberty, along with our precious Documents such as the Constitution and Bill of Rights, were conceived because...first and foremost...our Patriots-leaders and writers.... knew God; and the wisdom seen in these original "foundational-accomplishments" reflected this.
Yet, for us to remain a bright Hope for the world, we must cling to God as ever before and learn what it means to become servant leaders (Lighthouse Leaders in Action), each in our own way and each as God leads...for the sake of our families, communities, for our country and for all souls on the planet... that all may know true freedom, unselfish goodness, and Godly peace.
Ann M. Wolf"
FOR MORE ARTIST INFO - Please see:
1. “Blessed are the Ones” - Inspired by the works of Mother Teresa & other great humanitarians, visionaries, & patriots, this song honors all those who still dare to love and serve, even in the face of hate and fear.
2. “Can We Bring Those Days Back Again” - This selection speaks of the beauty and simplicity of our foundational values and of our prayers to keep God at the center of our culture and our lives. Recalling the innocence of youth as it once was in our country, this original piece also recognizes those families and communities throughout our history who have made it a tradition to center their celebrations and remembrances on God the Father and His Ways.
3.“Through the Eyes of Love” - Featured on this song are memorable melody lines accented with the haunting sound of bagpipes; the message speaks of how different & beautiful the world is, as seen through eyes of love. This moving piece suggests the powerful ways in which the Spirit of God completely changes our perspective on everything, bringing a brilliance and joy to our experience.
4. “Help Me Cross Over” With sparkling strings and heart-stirring words, this story tenderly captures the human challenge to forgive and hold to love, no matter the darkness around us or deep disappointments that life can bring. Based on the words of Jesus, "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do..." Those on the spiritual path all aspire to walk in His Footsteps in learning how to live in love...
TO SEE THE VIDEO: "Help Me Cross Over" - Go to Message of the Lighthouse Website
5.“Simple Gifts” - This is a traditional song, shared by all Christians, and was first published in 1853 by a Quaker; Quakers were very active with humanitarian work at the time, including the Underground Railroad, which was responsible for escorting many slaves out of danger to freedom. To expand on the wonderful values express in the original verses, Ann has added a contemporary verse and chorus to extend the song a bit as well as to build on the meaning of the original lyrics.
6.“I Will Never Forget You” -This song honors Martin Luther King, Jr., Mother Teresa & all those who serve in harm's way that others might live.
In the words of Ann Wolf...
"This is a song which honors many great souls, starting with Martin Luther King Jr. ( in the first verse). As I was composing this song, I recalled (see lyrics) looking out my bedroom window, across the river at the smoke rising above parts of Washington D.C. which had been set fire by certain citizens upon hearing about the great leader's assassination. Yet, at that moment, I also remembered a feeling stirring in my heart, telling me that, "out of the ashes" of that tragedy, 1000 more leaders would inevitably rise, because in the end, truth cannot be kept hidden.
Then with verse two, I wrote of Mother Teresa who walked out into the streets of India upon her retirement from working for the "Mother Church" and began her street ministry with no available resources, only a calling in her heart. Yet with incredible faith, she started to serve "the poorest of the poor" from where she found herself; and as the story goes, even before she had anything available to her with which to carry out her new mission, she simply picked up a stick and began teaching children how to read, by drawing characters and lines in the dirt with a stick. With that powerful gesture of belief and conviction, she took "matters in hand" and built one of the most credible and outstanding missions of mercy that this world has ever known.
Then, with verse three, the song recognizes and gives thanks for those who have and still do...put themselves in harm's way to help, serve, and protect others."
7. “We Will Stand” - As Mary, the Mother of Jesus, stood with him in life & as she was one of the few who stood with him as He died, we can stand for our families and communities against any darkness that would try & lead our loved ones away from the Light.
8. “Wings of Grace” - Based on Proverbs 3:5-6, this song journals Ann Wolf's experiences of relying on Mercy & Grace while raising her kids as a single Mom.
9. “By Our Fruits” – This song was inspired by the words of Jesus, "Ye shall know them by their fruit." (Matthew 7:18) - The Scripture verse says it all...a core message for those who claim Jesus as their Shepherd, as they interact with others in the world.
10. “You Believed in Me” - With this song Ann honors those who have believed in us throughout our spiritual journey, those friends, family, and mentors who have been there for us when we needed encouragement or guidance; and also, she honors those who have breathed life into us, as we grew….helping us to “hold on” throughout the challenges, in order to reach our full potential, and in order to fulfill God’s call on our lives.
11. “The Ways of Love” - This is a song and a prayer, asking God to keep us close to Him and to help us establish a pure heart and motive in all of our affairs. As we remain seated in the Love & Mercy of God, Love becomes our core motivation and the driving force of our soul.
12. “Medley for America” - Powerful blend of three loved American favorites, America the Beautiful, My Country Tis of Thee & God Bless America...stirring orchestration and powerful affirmations.
READ MORE ABOUT THIS ALBUM: https://www.annwolfmusic.org/cd-blessed-are-the-ones/
Produced & Arranged - By Tracy Collins of Tracy Collins Music
Songwriting - Music & Lyrics by Ann M. Wolf for all songs except:
Simple Gifts – Traditional - Original version (#1) by Joseph Brackett, Jr. (1853) & Contemporary verse
(#2) by Ann M. Wolf (c – 2011 - BMI)
America the Beautiful - Lyrics by Katharine Lee Bates – 1913 & Melody by Samuel Ward
My Country Tis’ of Thee – Lyrics by Samuel Francis Smith & Melody from “God Save the Queen,”
composed by Thomas Augustine Arne
God Bless America – Irving Berlin - 1918
All other songs on “Blessed are the Ones” CD – By Ann M. Wolf
Copyright 2012 – BMI – All rights reserved.
TO WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/user/AnnWolfMusic/videos
NOTE: YouTube Videos are offered for the purpose of inspiration & education; images & music are either original by Ann M. Wolf or are used by permission, by license, with some images having been obtained from (what the artist believes) are public domain sites. Please advise if any images require additional licenses or permissions. Thank you.
DEDICATION: This CD is dedicated to all those who have made America what it is today, to those generations of Patriots, good citizens, and public servants who’s character and vision created the foundation for our marvelous nation.
And as always….All Thanksgiving, Praise, and Glory… is given to God, from whom all blessings flow.
"In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.” – Proverbs 14:26 (KJV)
A Sacred Jewish Prayer:
"Baruch Ata Adonai, Elohenu Melech ha-olam, asher kid'shaun b'mitzvotav, v'tzivanu al netialt yadaim" …or…
"Blessed are Thou, O Lord our God, King of the universe, Who has sanctified us in His commandments and commanded us to lift up our hands.”