- Andrew Phillip Tipton is a subway performer in New York City. He plays alternative pop and folk music to the unsuspecting straphangers, who are caught off guard by his otherworldly warble.
- Andrew moved to Brooklyn after a chance encounter with Brill building goddess Carole King, who encouraged him to move to a more nurturing environment. Namely, Williamsburg. After two years of playing gigs on and off the subway, Andrew has developed a following for his brand of brash, annoying, and cutesy pop.
- Andrew is a cross between Lou Reed and Tiny Tim, with an “un-escapable voice.” (11211 Magazine)
- His new album explores his trip from boy to man and back again. I’m A Mess is “as catchy and memorable as any indie release this year.” (Connect Magazine)
- Andrew Phillip Tipton is an anomaly in the music world. He is a truly alternative song writer, composing vignettes inspired by the fear of growing old, nature, and love.
- With the knowledge that the mainstream music industry was not ready for him, Andrew started Big No One Records. The label exists and thrives through the idea that new, unique and otherwise non-commercial music is IMPORTANT!
- Plus, Andrew is “so adorable he may as well be the lovechild David Bowie and Bob Dylan never had.” (Next magazine)