Ben Rudnick and Friends are proud to announce the release of The Challenger Baseball Song and Other Hits, a fundraising CD, featuring The Challenger Baseball Song. Written by Tony Chironno (Little League Challenger Division Director, Coach and Parent from District 34) and Ben Rudnick, The Challenger Baseball Song captures the excitement and pride shared by thousands of handicapped youth involved in the Challenger Baseball program. In addition to The Challenger Baseball song, Ben Rudnick and Friends have included five of their best-loved songs to make this a CD the whole family will enjoy together.
Ben Rudnick and Friends are donating 60% of the proceeds of this disc directly to the Little League's Challenger Baseball Division a 501c3. The other 40% will go to the expenses they have borne to produce this disc. The disc will soon be available as a fundraising disc around the USA. The convenience of purchasing the disc via CD Baby is great but unfortunately shipping charges and CD Baby's portion eat up a significant chunk of the profits hence the slightly exaggerated price from this outlet. The songs are soon expected to be available via iTunes.
• The Challenger Baseball Song - (3:39)– Written by old friends Tony Chironno and Ben Rudnick, this exciting song takes it’s place alongside the great odes to baseball all the while giving an audio identity for an activity that gives Challenger players great pride.
• My Name Is Burt - (2:15) – Do some days seem like just one ouch after another? Ever get knocked on your head and say “OW!” Find out what really happens when you bonk you’re head!
• I Like Silver, I Like Gold (Live) - (3:15) –This live version of the first song Ben Rudnick and friends ever recorded, exudes the excitement and fun found at a Ben Rudnick and Friends concert.
• I Need A Hand (2007) (3:06) – A brand new version of this John Lennon Songwriting Award winner from BR&F' Emily Songs disc, this calypso-inflected song shows that crossing the street can be safe and FUN!
• Macaroni and Cheese (3:44) – A fan favorite and the savoir of every parent! This version is a remixed and remastered edit from the original tracks.
• Grace’s Bell (3:57) - When two-year old Grace gazed at Ben and rang her tricycle bell, Ben heard her spirit ring loud and clear.
• The Challenger Baseball Song (Instrumental Version) - (4:27) – The Challenger Baseball Song without lyrics, for use with video footage of Little League play and other memory montages!
About Challenger Baseball
The Challenger Division of Little League Baseball is a program for mentally and physically disabled youth to enjoy the full benefits of Little League participation in an athletic environment structured to their abilities. More than the skills of baseball learned through the experience, the value of the Little League Challenger Division is found in the proven therapeutic and socialization benefits of participating in sports, the strengthening of participants’ self-esteem, the disciplines of teamwork sportsmanship and fair play.
About Ben Rudnick and Friends
Ben Rudnick and Friends offers top-notch musicianship and family-friendly songs that invite participation. Their four family music CDs have received national acclaim, including awards from Parents’ Choice, NAPPA, the Children’s Music Web, Dr. Toy, the iParenting Media Awards and the John Lennon Songwriting competition. WERS Radio in Boston lauds their “clever lyrics and musical talent to match, with an infinite amount of stylistic innovation and quirky songs that bring families together in a musical unification achieved by few, if any, contemporary children's musicians.”