Maryland based drummer, Billy Schools releases his
first collaboration with Washington D.C. area
musicians. The CD's tracks are a brew of funk,
dance, techno, psychedelic rock. Enjoy!
Features Mike Winters on lead guitar and bass, Chris Garrett on bass, rhythm guitar and vocals, and special guest Doug Empie on electric violin for 3 songs and background vocals.
This CD is a project of various band incarnations of the last 5 years.
All musicians included have written and contributed tracks to this project, with the special help of David Hawkins,
who wrote the track "Running Into Walls".
General Info about the songs:
1. Saw The Answer: a funk dance track with music by Chris Garrett and lyrics by Billy Schools.
2. She Stammered: another Garrett/Schools collaboration with Chris Garrett on guitar, and Mike Winters on bass and lead guitar solo.
3. Softshell: a funk track about what else, and a Garrett composition. Features lead vocals by Garrett, Empie and Schools.
4. Running Into Walls: written by David Hawkins from the band Ghost Of Tom, this is a slow ballad with a series of solos/duels featuring Doug Empie on electric violin and Mike Winters.
5. Open Eyes: this track goes back to the Elegant Mess days, written in 1988, this Billy Schools original is in the hard-rock-meets-Egyptian-mode.
6. Boop Boop Day: this Mike Winters original is based on life expieriences, this jam band style track is in the slow, psychedelic rock era. It is also the longest one, over 7 minutes.