For this CD, I re-arranged and re-recorded brand new versions of some of my 'hits' from my early years.
Classic Bjorn Lynne tracks such as "12th Warrior", "Space Deliria", "Bridge to the Universe", "Moongazer", "Empty Spaces" and "Niagara" have been combined with today's studio sound, live instruments, session musicians and digital recording.
When the first track from this CD, "Space Deliria 2000", was made available on the internet in late 1999, it caused quite a stir, as many wrote in to express their enthusiasm over this music. That just made it even more fun for me! :-)
If you already have some of my other CDs, and wonder how this CD compares to the previous ones... I would say that this CD is positive, upbeat, optimistic and more 'immediate' than some of my more darker, deeper and more thought-out music stuff from my other albums. But I'll leave it up to you to judge. This is just full-on instrumental and symphonic melodic synth-rock! Don't analyze, just pump it up.
As for me personally, I had a great time making this CD. The boss at the record company Cyclops thinks it's the best CD I've ever done. I hope you'll like it, too.
Reviews for "Revive":
- "We are treated to track after track of classic tunes - revamped with pure and utter brilliance, retaining the feel of the great original tracks and a whole lot more. Wow! What a great CD. Yes I know, everyone says that, but it's true - besides what can I say that hasn't been said already???" - Rob Cheung, UK
- "Just hearing those first few beautiful seconds was enough to turn my day around. Of course, I immediately cranked it up :)" - Victor Rehorst, USA
- "Nothing in the world will ever force me to eject this CD out of my drive..." - Volker Buckow, Germany
- "Revive, in a word, RULES!!!" - Fergal Toohey, Ireland
- "This CD is absolutely amazing - The energy that the music has is well beyond the original tracks, but without losing the original feel. The pace of the music is incredible. This is definitely one for the car!" - Julian Regel, UK
- "Excellent CD, Bjorn. I love it to bits. Great stuff!" - Stephen Williams, USA
- "I think it (Revive) may be the best of the three of Bjorn's cds that I have (the others being "Wolves of the Gods" and "The Void", both of which are exceptional)." - Nate Dorr, USA
- "Revive - Is this CD great or what?!" - Brian Handscomb, UK
- I like Revive so much because the great work of Björn redoing his own songs. They sound now PERFECT. I'm a nostalgic DEMO-Scener so I must put this in my car... - Urko Alberdi, Spain