Bob's versatility as a musician, along with his love of all styles of music has enabled him to gain the valuable experience and knowledge that allows him to offer his audiences a varied and exciting repertoire of music to suit all tastes. Bob is a highly versatile musician and songwriter with many years of experience in a wide variety of musical styles from R&B to C&W, Jazz, Ballads to Rock 'n' Roll. Born and raised in London, his musical career has covered a wide range from gigging in clubs in the U.K., France, Spain, Italy and Greece to involvement in music publishing.
This album recorded by bob d'bace features instrumental versions of specially selected quality songs written by singer/songwriter bob chambers in the late '70's and early '80's. Heavily influenced by the "disco" sound of that era, some of the tracks on the album have a disco/jazz feel to them. A carefully chosen mixture of ballads and dance beats.
DIRECTION TRACK DETAILS
1. PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN MY DIRECTION - Disco (16's on hi-hat) beat. Horns, saxophone and percussion. Uplifting, happy dance tune.
2. GIMME ALL THE LOVIN' YOU GOT - Electric piano intro. Saxophone melody. Horns and strings and percussion. Skipping dance beat. Happy, uplifting dance tune.
3. I'M GONNA MISS YOU WHEN YOU'RE GONE - Electric piano intro. Soprano sax melody with French horns and strings. Slow, melancholic beat.
4. YOU PUT THE LOVIN' IN ME - Disco (16's on hi-hat) beat. "Hammond" organ melody with funky bass line. Alto sax melody, choral vox and strings. Smooth, happy and up-beat tune.
5. STILL GOT YOU ON MY MIND - Funky drums and strings intro. Flute and saxophone melody with horns and percussion. Smooth, up-beat, jazzy tune.
6. PUTTIN' IT DOWN TO EXPERIENCE - Electric piano and steel string guitar intro. Soprano sax, strings and choral vox. Slow dance beat. Romantic, dreamy and mellow.
7. SAD SONG - Strong drum beat and strings intro. Soprano and alto saxophone melody. Growling alto sax solo. Jazz organ middle 8. Proud, soaring and confident tune.
8. HOW DO YOU DO IT? - Disco (16's on hi-hat) beat. Electric piano, bass drum and hi-hat intro. Organ and alto sax melodies. Strings and horns. Growling alto sax solo. Uplifting, happy dance tune.
9. HOOKED ON YOU - Alto saxophone and electric piano intro. Organ and flute melodies. Shuffling, laid-back hi-hat beat. Alto sax solo and choral vox. Smooth, rhythmic and jazzy tune.
10. MAYBE I'M A FOOL - Strings and alto sax intro. Electric piano and alto sax. "Wet" piano melody with choral vox. Slow hi-hat and rim shot drums. Melancholic, sad mellow tune.
11. IF THE FEELING'S THERE - Electric piano intro. Alto saxophone and organ melodies. Pizzicato strings. Latin (Bosa Nova) dance beat. Choral vox. Breezy, happy, up-beat tune.
12. THE BIG MACHINE - "Wet" piano and choral vox intro. Alto saxophone and strings. Organ and flute melodies. Alto sax solo. Melancholic, sad, mellow tune.