Track information and Bonnie Rideout CDs featured on A Scottish Fiddle Collection:
1. Mrs. Gunn's Strathspey/Sweet Molly/The Wise Maid (3:27).Fiddle, Uilleann pipes (Eric Rigler); pennywhistle, bodhran (Chris Caswell); guitar (Al Petteway); cello (Abby Newton) FROM Kindred Spirits
2. Grace Hay's Delight/Dunkeld House/Mrs. McGee's Reel (4:12). Fiddle, 12-string guitar, cittern (Robin Bullock); bodhran (Paddy League) FROM Scottish Fire
3. Pipe Major William Wilson (3:41). Fiddle, Highland bagpipe (Eric Rigler). FROM Celtic Circles
4. Brose and Butter/Cuzle Together/Elsie Marly (4:46).Viola, Uilleann pipes (Jerry O'Sullivan); bodhran, udu, djembe (Paddy League). FROM Scottish Fire
5. The Seagulls of Scarba/How I Passed the Winter/Fair John's Sister/St. Kilda Dance (4:18). Fiddle, piano (Betty Rideout). FROM Soft May Morn
6. Ghillie Callum/Highland Rant/Ryan's Rant (5:37). Fiddle, Scottish small-pipes (Eric Rigler); guitar (Charlie Wilkie); bodhran (Myron Bretholz). FROM Celtic Circles.
7. Corn Riggs/The Old Grey Cat/Ships a’ Sailing (4:27). Fiddle, guitar (Al Petteway); pennywhistle, bodhran (Chris Caswell). FROM Gi'me Elbow Room.
8. Amazing Grace (2:26). Fiddle, Highland bagpipe (Mike Rogers [soloist], The City of Washington Pipe Band). FROM Scottish Rant
9. Yell Yell (2:49). Fiddle, guitar (Charlie Wilkie); viola da gamba (Carolyn Surrick); bass (Charlie Pilzer). FROM Celtic Circles.
10. Soft May Morn/Islay and Kintyre/Early on a May Morning (2:27). Fiddle, piano (Betty Rideout). FROM Soft May Morn
11. The Champion of the Seas/Over the Isles to America/Pop Goes the Weasel/Rossie Castle (5:14). Fiddle, guitar (Al Petteway); cittern (Robin Bullock); bodhran (Paddy League). FROM Scottish Fire
12. North Highland Tunes (5:23). Fiddle, viola, bodhran (Myron Brethholz).FROM Celtic Circles
13. Bonny Jean o’ Aberdeen (3:24). Fiddle, wire-strung Celtic harp (Chris Caswell); cello (Abby Newton).FROM Kindred Spirits
14. Miss Gordon Of Park/Craigellachie Lassies/The Honourable Mrs. Drummond of Perth’s Delight (4:00). Fiddle, cittern, guitar (Robin Bullock). FROM Kindred Spirits
15. Old Reels: Grant's Rant/Nighean Doon/The Brown-haired Daughter/Innes of Sandsides’/Mo Chuachag Laghach/The Gentle Milkmaid/Stuart's Rant (4:15). Fiddle, guitar (Al Petteway); Shepherd "A" smallpipes (Vic Frank); bodhran (Paddy League). FROM Scottish Rant
About Bonnie Rideout
On stages from Scotland’s Edinburgh International Festival to America’s Kennedy Center, Bonnie Rideout’s unique style of Scottish fiddling has charmed audiences with a vast array of traditional Scottish dance tunes, Highland bagpipe music and ancient Gaelic melodies, each reflecting the rich musical tradition of her heritage. Bonnie has been featured on the BBC, CBS, NPR’s Performance Today, Morning Edition and NPR’s The Thistle and Shamrock. Bonnie has recorded solo CDs, and appears as guest artist on Maggie’s Music In addition to authoring seven music books for Mel Bay, Bonnie was recently chosen as one of the 20th century’s most influential traditional fiddlers.Bonnie is the only American to hold the honor of representing Scottish fiddle music at the prestigious Edinburgh International Festival. She is the first woman to hold a national Scottish fiddle title and the youngest to have garnered the U.S. championship, winning it for three consecutive years. Although her competition days ended quickly in order to become an adjudicator and professional recording artist, Bonnie has maintained a consistently high profile in the international Celtic music scene for over 20 years.
MORE CDs by BONNIE RIDEOUT:
*Soft May Morn
*Celtic Circles (MM209)
*Kindred Spirits (MM214)
*Gi'me Elbow Room (MM219)
*Scottish Fire (MM222)
*Scottish Rant (MM223)
A Scottish Christmas (MM215)
Scottish Reflections (MM225