Scott Celani Bio:
Having vigorously kicked off his solo project in early 2002, Scott Celani and his supporting players are hitting venues all over the U.S. At a typical show, audience members are treated to Celani's well-crafted, melodic pop songs. Celani presents his music with a full band or in acoustic format. Either way, Celani offers a powerhouse of rhythm and melody.
Throughout his music career, Scott has performed live all over the U.S. and Canada, and his music has been played or is being played on radio stations all over North America. Scott has shared the stage with the likes of Our Lady Peace, The Goo Goo Dolls, Vertical Horizon, Ben Folds, Hootie & The Blowfish, Jon Secada, Jimmy Eat World, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, The Guess Who, Eddie Money, Tom Cochrane, The Marshall Tucker Band, Sam Roberts and The Clarks.
For his first 2 releases, “Them Apples” (2002) and "Saturday" (2004), Celani teamed up with acclaimed Toronto record producer Brent Bodrug of The B-Group Music (Alanis Morissette, Oscar Peterson, Jacksoul, Carlos Morgan). Both records were released to packed houses in Scott’s home town of Buffalo, NY. Scott spent 2003 touring the Eastern U.S. in support of “Them Apples”, and spent 2004-05 touring the entire U.S. in support of “Saturday”.
In addition to receiving rave reviews, Scott’s last 2 singles - “Where Did You Come From” (off Them Apples) and “Saturday” (title track from 2nd release) were put it in rotation on over 40 commercial radio stations (Hot AC & CHR) throughout the U.S. in 2003 and 2004, with some stations spinning one or both tracks as much as 40 times per week.
As a writing team, Celani & Bodrug approach the music with no agenda, but simply a focus on great songs and a great vibe. Critics have greeted the music with rave reviews, referring to it as “nothing but energetic bursts of shining rock-pop that will make you smile”, and declaring that “Celani has found the magic.”
And now, Celani and Bodrug have just completed the much anticipated 3rd studio release – “Wired for Nostalgia”. Released in late 2006, this 12-song album reflects a new level of maturity in both composition and performance from an experienced and road-tested singer-songwriter. With “Wired”, Celani has truly arrived.
For booking and general information, please email STC Productions at Celani33@aol.com or contact: STC Productions, 939 Delaware Ave., Suite 104, Buffalo, NY 14209, 716-885-0389.
For more information, check out the following:
PRESS AND REVIEWS:
“Yes, I think Scott Celani has found the magic”
“This release promises to deliver a talented singer/songwriter to a musical world that has become increasingly devoid of feeling and artistry.”
- Night-life Magazine
“When you hear a pop song as infectious as ‘Saturday’, you are left with no choice but to sing its praises.
- Whisperin’ & Hollerin’ Magazine – United Kingdom
“Stirring and provocative… this is great rock music, damned straight!”
“Scott Celani may be the only person in Western New York who didn't immediately realize his musical talent.”
- The Lewiston-Porter Sentinel
“Melodic, hook-laden rock at its best… very tasty indeed! Celani just gets better with each release.”
“I can definitely see star potential in his sound.”
- Special Effects Magazine
“Just call it good music and turn it up.”
- Maximum Ink Magazine
"I had students coming up to me and you would have thought they had just seen the Beatles.”
- Fred Heuer, Director of Student Activities
“The first thing I picture when listening to Scott Celani’s first release is lots of young ladies singing every word to every song. Not like I had to conjure this image from nothing… that’s literally what happened at a recent show… and you can understand why.”
- Nightlife Magazine
"A radio-ready collection of modern-rock tunes full of hooks and bolstered by hip production."
- The Buffalo News
SCOTT CELANI FACT SHEET:
• Scott has performed live in over 75 cities and over 50 colleges throughout the U.S. and Canada
• In 2005, Scott’s Christmas song – “Christmas by the Lake” – was in heavy rotation on Star 102.5 (#1 Hot AC station in Western New York State) and made the station’s list of “Top 20 Most Requested Christmas Songs of 2005”
• Scott’s last 2 singles - “Where Did You Come From” (off Them Apples, his debut release) and “Saturday” (title track from 2nd release) were put it in rotation on over 40 commercial radio stations (Hot AC & CHR) throughout the U.S. in 2003 and 2004, with some stations spinning one or both tracks as much as 40 times per week
• In 2006, Scott’s single “Saturday”(title track from 2nd release) made Songwriter Universe Magazine’s “Top 5 Songs of the Month” (www.songwriteruniverse.com)
• Scott’s single “Where Did You Come From” (off Them Apples, his debut release) made the “Unknown Top 10” on www.alternativeaddiction.com
• Scott has had live television performances on NBC, ABC, Fox and UPN
• Scott has performed live in front of crowds as large as 15,000
• Scott has shared the stage with Hootie & The Blowfish, The Goo Goo Dolls, Our Lady Peace, Ben Folds, Vertical Horizon, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, The Guess Who, Eddie Money, John Secada, Tom Cochrane, Red Rider, The Marshall Tucker Band, Sam Roberts, The Clarks, Sarah Slean, Ari Hest and Pilate
• Scott’s music has been featured at National Hockey League games
• Scott has performed live at National Football League games, National Hockey League games and Major Indoor Lacrosse League games
• Scott has recorded 2 albums with acclaimed Toronto record producer Brent Bodrug (Alanis Morissette, Oscar Peterson, Jacksoul, Carlos Morgan), and is currently working with Bodrug on the third release
• Scott has trained and studied with acclaimed vocal coach/producer Jan Smith (Rob Thomas, Usher, TLC, India Arie, Collective Soul, Edwin McCain)
• Scott was awarded the 2003 Western New York People’s Choice Award for Best Solo Acoustic Performer (Scott was also nominated in 5 other categories)
• Scott’s 2nd CD, “Saturday”, was the #1 selling independent CD in the Buffalo area in March 2004 – top seller at New World Record- Buffalo, NY