Chris Chandler and his six-piece band, The SwingKats, have been invited to perform at the 300-year anniversary celebration in St. Petersburg, Russia, July 22-28, 2003. Born in Savannah, now residing at Tybee Island, Georgia, Chandler has been playing piano and composing since childhood. An ASCAP Award recipient in 2001 for his composition "Piano Roll Rag", Chandler has recorded five CD's and composed hundreds of songs in many musical styles ranging from Ragtime and Ballad to Popular, Country and Rock.
The SwingKats, based in Atlanta, play for corporate and private events in the southeast - including Highlands NC, St. Simons GA, Winston-Salem NC, Charlotte NC, Richmond VA, Sea Island GA, Hilton Head SC and in the southwest in Houston and Galveston TX. Locally he can be seen performing Historic Savannah GA at Jazz'd, Luna Lounge in Il pasticio and Cha Bellas.
The SwingKats will be performing in St. Petersburg for the first time on July 23. Jumping a midnight express train to Moscow, they play two performances near the Kremlin, and then return to St. Petersburg for the big celebration weekend. The SwingKats will be the featured Jazz Band and perform at the Philharmonic Hall and then, the next day stage an outdoor performance in the square.
The band includes one of the best European tenor saxophone players of the 1990's, Nikolia Panov. He has performed in the US, India and Europe as a soloist, composer and arranger. Driving the SwingKats rhythm is the drummer/percussionist Vladimir. A native of St. Petersburg He is a frequent guest artist at the Philharmonic Hall
A new Christmas CD, "Christmas All Over the World"", including four new original Christmas songs, will be released this Yuletide season. Two of the songs already received radio play time last season in Texas, New York, and overseas in Ireland and Denmark
Contact: Chris Chandler
Risandler Publishing Company
202 Eagles Nest Lane
Tybee Island, GA 31328 USA
(912) 786-0474 cell (912) 695-5256
(1)"Southern Charm and Swing" - Big Band tribute to Johnny Mercer
(2) "Lover's Holiday" - Eclectic mix of Movie Scores and Pop songs
(3) "88Keys and the SwingKats" - Retro swing style with "Memphis Style' horn arrangement
(4) "Change the Smile on Mona Lisa" - Country and Western Ballad
(5) "Christmas All Over the World" - Collection of 4 NEW Christmas songs and several traditional Christmas songs. Electric Piano Jazz Combo
(6) "King Ivory" Co-produced with legendary Capricorn records engineer/producer Paul Hornsby. Recorded at his Muscadine Studio in Macon, GA Featuring gutiar great Tim Brooks< The Fabulous Welch Sisters gospel Trio, Jerome thomas on percussion and Paul Hornsby on hammond B-3
New Orleans , R&B , Jazz fusion sound with mambo and shuffle rhythms