In 2011, our 20th Anniversary Year, we celebrate our longevity and want to express our appreciation for our steadfast league of supporters. This CD was essentially recorded “live in the studio” to capture and share the power and fun of our live shows.
The band started out as a small Blues trio in early 1990, and through the vision of founder Ted “Madman” Kowal, our lineup soon included an always-energetic horn section. Since the late 1990’s, our repertoire has evolved to present the music styles foremost in our hearts: Soul, R&B, Funk…..as well as the Blues. Under the musical direction of Tony Flores since 2002, along with strong vocals, blazing horns and a rock-solid rhythm section, you have COLD SHOTT and The Hurricane Horns – still groovin’ and going strong in 2011!
Sharing a few of our musical inspirations, we give you a taste of the soulful and heartfelt performances of Willie Mitchell, James Brown, Little Milton, Howard Tate, Eddie Floyd, Tyrone Davis and Joe Cocker. We round out our selection with the funky soul of Tower Of Power.
We dedicate this recording to…
- Our families. For allowing the band life to run parallel to our family lives. We are humbled by this priceless gift of love and support.
- All of our band members, past and present. You have helped us maintain a ‘family’ approach to our organization and your hard work and musical
contributions are deeply appreciated.
- Our fans, friends, clients and club owners. For encouraging us and believing in us year after year.
- Our special dedication……..to our brothers James “Slim” Scroggins and Ted Kowal. Thanks for watching over us, we miss you and we hope to make
you proud. Jam and groove, in peace.
The Rhythm Section
Rich Brydle: Rhythm and Lead Guitar, Band Manager
Tim Finn: Lead and Rhythm Guitar, Lead and Background Vocals
Tony Flores: Music Director, Bass, Lead and Background Vocals
Dale Loyola: Drums, Background Vocals
Pat McDonald: Keyboards, Background Vocals
The Hurricane Horns
Frank Blanco: Trumpet, Flugelhorn
Keith Kuczynski: Tenor Sax, Alto Sax
Tim Matteson: Baritone Sax, Alto Sax, Background Vocals
Produced by COLD SHOTT and The Hurricane Horns
Horn Arrangements by The Hurricane Horns
Recorded and Mixed at TallCat Productions, Phoenix, AZ
Recording Engineer: Dana “BromeoH” Mitchell
Mastered by Dave Shirk at Sonorus Mastering, Tempe, AZ
Design and Layout by Tony Amato at amato image Design, inc., Phoenix, AZ
Manufactured by Red Blade Media, Tempe, AZ
Band photos by Ray Bowen at Big Shoe Productions, Tempe, AZ
1. STOP 3:18
(M. Shuman, J. Ragavoy)
2. 30-60-90 / COLD SWEAT 5:10
(W. Mitchell, M. Hodges, L. Hodges, J. Brown, A. Ellis)
3. TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME 4:00
(J. Daniels, J. Moore)
4. DIGGIN ON JAMES BROWN 5:07
(E. Castillo, S. Kupka, K. Kessie)
5. IT REALLY DOESN’T MATTER 4:57
(E. Castillo, T. Flores)
6. THAT’S WHAT LOVE WILL MAKE YOU DO 3:57
7. I’VE NEVER FOUND A GIRL 3:08
(E. Floyd, A. Isbell, B. T. Jones)
8. VEHICLE 3:20
9. THE LETTER 4:19
© 2011 Madman Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited.
Cold Shott and The Hurricane Horns™ and The Hurricane Horns™