***************** . . . CROSSTRONIC CD . . . *******************
*** ... COMBINES CHRISTIAN THEMES WITH ELECTRONICA ... ***
The CrossTronic Christian Techno Project has recently released an electronica CD that uses interesting and complex musical and spoken themes to promote the Christian perspective.
The band name, CrossTronic, is a combination of the CROSS of Jesus and synthesized elecTRONIC music. The purpose of this music is to promote serious thought on important topics and to provide quality, unique compositions for listening entertainment.
Put on the Armor of God was four years in the making and includes a variety of electronic styles--from Dance to Trance with Techno influences and bursts of retro lead work, reminiscent of the classic rock of the '70's. The level of detail in the music will have the listener discovering new things about the instrumentation at each playing--a drum solo in "Amazing Grace"; "I'll Fly Away" in a helicopter; a retelling of the Garden of Eden story in "A Man, a Woman, an Apple, a Snake."
Each song has a Christian theme and many feature Scripture woven into the texture of the music. The liner notes of this CD include a brief explanation of each song, essential Scripture for further study, and the steps necessary for attaining eternal salvation.
ABOUT THE ARTIST: James Patterson has been recording and performing dance music for many years, but his passion is electronic composition. He makes his living teaching college-level American History over the Internet (Distance Education) and enjoys riding his mountain bike through the various trails in Texas.
Put on the Armor of God has received many favorable reviews and has sold over 3000 copies in Texas in its first year of independent distribution.
Be sure to check out CrossTronic's follow up CD, "Eternity," at http://cdbaby.com/cd/crosstronic2
Quotes from industry fans and critics:
* "Awesome CD, highly recommended."--Krisco
* "Some good sounds in here and very good production/mix . . ."--Dan Blue
* "I really like the idea you have here. I especially liked the sounds you've chosen to use. Great synth stuff and very clean vox captures."--Groovewerks
* "I was listening to the tune with some friends, and here's what they had to say... 'If I heard in in a store I'd buy it; if it played in a club I'd dace. This is a really cool tune.' So there you go...I agree with them."--Liquid Love
* "I like what you have done here. I have often wondered what Christian Techno might sound like. Good selection of loops, gives this a bit of dark overtones, but the vox part repeating give it the positive outlook. Great way to spread the message! Keeep up the good fight!"--MoogRogue
* "This kinda of reminds me of something like Orbital would do, like their older stuff (first album). Good message too. Nice synth sounds towards the end, the sweeps. Really a pretty intense song and an interesting way to spread the word in an interseting mood set."--ATS
* "I love the almost cinematic approach to Holy3 that does sound like a possessed indidual. Nice beats and panning. Great mix. Interesting work."--A PLEASANT SYMMETRY
* "Truly, I hope you are planning to keep up with this and spread your word. It's a very noble cause that I can support. Good take on the song, Holy3. I played this for a friend who also liked it and is thinking of playing it a the next youth group meeting. Good job. More power to you."--The TOP
* "Phreaky voice FX in here (Holy3), and plenty of it, the demon-posessed I suppose. Nice tune. Good energy in the synths and well-supported drum section. Nice support in the strings that sit behind certain section of the track."--D.J. Squeaky
* "I received and listened to the Crosstronic CD yesterday, and it is really good stuff. I am very glad I bought it! Since you are not signed to a major record label or have a distribution deal, please keep me informed of any upcoming new releases or related projects."--Johnny Pailey
* "Hi James, Great stuff!! I wouldn't be the most Techno-savvy guy around but I like this. Intersting blend of swirly synths and ambience. Very well recorded--tons of volume and very clear. I like your use of panning as well- very precise. Well done James, excellent stuff!!"--Billy E
* "Cool stuff James... You have done a great job on the recordings! The panning effects and all are very capturing to the ear. Kept my foot tapping, too..LOL Kinda neat hearing Christian Techno, too. Great job once again."--William
* "James, you did a great job on this very technical arrangement. Nice recording and mix!"--Jack
* "I really liked this. I recently purchased a Korg MSB2000R synthesizer and love to experiment with the sounds. I have used it for pieces of songs but not yet created a totally electronic composition like this. Your piece has inspired me. Well Done!"--Ron
* "Cool sound. It is "loud and clear." Two things that seems to evade a lot of people's music. Some have struggled getting the volume without "squashing" the songs to death. You seem to have that problem "whipped" pretty good."--Tommy
* "I LOVE IT. IF YOU EVER COME OUT WITH ANY MORE MUSIC OR IF YOU HAVE OTHER CD'S, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ABOUT THEM."--Cindy