Damaru is a world beat music group from San Diego, Ca that incorporates African and middle-eastern rhythms into an incredibly energetic and danceable groove. With the addition of bass, sax,
flute, guitar and vocals, Damaru has created a sound that is original and unique. While based on traditional drumming traditions, the music transcends boundaries of ancient and modern, for a cross cultural world fusion. Damaru performs throughout the southern California area, and has a self-titled CD available. With nine tracks of original arrangements, this CD is a must for anyone interested in African drumming and world beat music.
Marc Cavanaugh: Djun-Djun, Vocals, Percussion
Bill Meinerding: Djembe, Krin, Percussion
Glenn Goodwin: Bass Guitar
Scott McDowell: Guitar
Frank Lazzaro: Djembe, Dumbek, Percussion, Vocals
Anthony Sarain: Sax, Flute.
Songs on the DAMARU CD:
1. Fanga - Welcoming song from Liberia.
2. Big Anaconda - Original composition dedicated to the rainforests.
3. Lamba (Glenn's Groove) - Funked up version of Senegalese healing rhythm.
4. Beledi - Middle Eastern fusion.
5. Lendjin-Sedoba - Traditional Senegalese drumming.
6. Kakilambe - Original lyrics on new arrangement of West African classic.
7. Electric Linjinland - Psychedelic pumping 6/8 groove.
8. Kuku - Celebration rhythym from Guinea, with lyrics, vocals by Abdoulaye Camara.
9. Heartbeat - A calming cool down.