Dane Hinkle Bio
• Raised in Greene County, Tennessee, mostly working on the family farm putting up hay, plowing corn rows with Kate the Mule, gathering fresh hen eggs, and enjoying endless discoveries that 100 acres of fields and woods can offer a child.
• Fourth grade music teacher plays Arlo Guthrie’s “Alice’s Restaurant” to the class (but dubs the “father raper” line). I was hooked on folk style music from that point on.
• Earned an AS in Public Safety from Walters State Community College in Morristown Tennessee, and a BS in Business From Tusculum College in Greene County, Tennessee.
• Worked as an Alaska Smokejumper, parachuting into otherwise inaccessible areas to fight fire, and as a forestry technician for the USDA Forest Service in East Tennessee.
• Interests include hiking, canoeing, caving, organic gardening, raising gourmet shiitake mushrooms, carving netsukes (small Japanese style carvings) from stone, oil painting, writing/composing music, hand-drums, etc.
Much of my music is performed with acoustic guitar and vocals only. I decided to give "Man Behind the Curtain" a bit more pizzazz however, by adding drums (my new ludwig set!), bass guitar, harmonica, and some vocal harmony. I play all the instruments on the album and perform all the vocals as well. The music was recorded, mixed and mastered on a Korg D-3200 recording studio with Behringer TRUTH B2031A studio monitors (for all the Techno-folks), at my studio in East Tennessee USA.
As an artist once stated “I never want to get completely comfortable with music by settling for what’s already been created, because that’s when you begin to loose touch with today and tomorrow.”
Check out my music website at;