DeLon has been a voting member of the Country Music Association(CMA) since 2002. He is also a member of the Gospel Music Association(GMA)
This new album was just released in late June, 2012.
This is a 20-song album and it is based upon the old rhyme used for brides about to get married: "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue". DeLon's new take is SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW, FIVE #1's and GOSPEL "2"
This is how that breaks down regarding the chosen songs for this album: SOMETHING OLD(DeLon's versions of 7 classic songs), SOMETHING NEW(six new and original songs written by DeLon), FIVE #1's(five of DeLon's songs from previous albums which have been #1 songs on the independent singles chart which began as the "top 100" songs and is now the "top 40" chart, and GOSPEL "2" (DeLon's versions of two classic country/GOSPEL songs)
Please check out DeLon's other albums, which are also on this cdbaby.com web-site: "TRADITIONAL COUNTRY", released in 1997; "HIGHWAYS OF LIFE", released in 2002; "GIT", released in 2007; "HEART TO HEART", released in 2008; "HE's MY ALL IN ALL", released in 2009; and "GOD's Flower Garden", released in January, 2012.
You can also check out DeLon's success on the independent charts by going to this web-site: www.eboards4all.com/206687
Joyce Ramgatie from The Netherlands, publishes a "top 200" total airplay chart and also the "top 40" singles chart. Her current charts, which were recently published for DECEMBER 7, 2013 through DECEMBER 14, 2013 are available to examine at the above web-site. In each reporting period, there are over 3,000 artists, from all over the world, competing for these coveted 200 spots on this chart.
DeLon was first listed on the Ramgatie "top 200" airplay chart in April, 2006 at the #67 position. He has just achieved a remarkable run of EIGHTY-SIX (86) CONSECUTIVE CHARTS of being ranked on this same chart, running from April, 2006 through DECEMBER 14, 2013.
DeLon is currently the #3 ranked artist on the "top 200" chart. With these current rankings, DeLon, since April, 2006, now has a total of FOURTEEN #1 rankings; SEVENTEEN #2 rankings; EIGHTEEN #3 rankings; SEVEN #4 rankings; and FIFTEEN #5 rankings for a grand total of SEVENTY-ONE (71) "top 5" spots of being ranked on this "top 200" total airplay chart.
AND......track #1, "MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN" has become another #1 song for DeLon and was the current #1 song on the Joyce Ramgatie "TOP 40 SINGLES CHART" of OCTOBER 1 thru OCTOBER 7, 2012. This is his SIXTH #1 hit!!!
AND......DeLon also occupies the #1 spot on the Joyce Ramgatie "TOP 40 SINGLES CHART" as of April 7, 2013. This song is from a different album but now DeLon has a total of SEVEN #1 songs on this chart.
1) Match Made in Heaven----DeLon wrote this song for he and his wife and for others, who have married again late in life.
2) Turn Around, Look At Me----One of DeLon's favorite "oldies", made famous by a group known as The Vogues.
3) Jackson & Jones----This up-tempo song uses the names of many famous country artists and asks the question: "Why this contemporary mess?"
4) Lonesome Town----One of DeLon's favorite "oldies" and done as a tribute to the music and memory of the late RICKY NELSON.
5) I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry----DeLon's up-tempo version of this great HANK WILLIAMS, SR. song and features three of the musicians, who have played on
almost every album DeLon has recorded. John Rees on keyboards. Jimmy Capps on lead guitar. Mike Douchette on steel guitar.
6) Greenback Dollar Blue$----this song tells the story of an individual, who falls on hard times during the economic recession in the USA. It can also be
found on youtube.com as a video.
7) It's Only Make Believe----Another of DeLon's favorite "oldies" done in an up-tempo version as a tribute to the music & memory of the late CONWAY TWITTY.
8) O, My Honey----written for DeLon's wife and is a very up-tempo song done with a "Cajun" sound and feel to it.
9) Mary (In No Hurry)----DeLon was asked by a friend of his brother to write a song about he and his wife, while they were in a coffee shop. DeLon handed the
man a finished song before leaving the cafe. With a little more work, the song made the cut and was included on this album. It was released as a single
earlier this year and many DJ's have included it on their playlists.
10) Lead Me, Guide Me----One of DeLon's favorite Gospel songs written by the late Doris Akers.
11) Help Me----Another favorite Gospel song of DeLon's written by Larry Gatlin.
14) These five songs, #'s 12 through 16, are songs from DeLon's previous albums, which rose to the #1 spot on the independent "top singles chart".
17) Stuck On You----DeLon's up-tempo country version of an ELVIS classic.
18) All Shook Up----DeLon's up-temp country version of an ELVIS classic.
19) Don't Rock The Jukebox----DeLon's favorite ALAN JACKSON song and is used to end alot of DeLon's live concerts.
20) Take, Take, Take Me Out To The Ballgame----DeLon, a former professional baseball 'bonus baby" wrote this song, because he thinks baseball needs to
update the old 1908 classic version from a waltz to a very up-beat, up-tempo song to bring it in today's sounds of music. Some traditions just need to be
changed and DeLon thinks this is one of them. It also uses a little Spanish to honor all of the Latino ball players who have or are playing this great game.
Thank you for your interest and support of DeLon and his music. It is very much appreciated.