I tried to capture some old rock and blues style guitar sound and riffs with Keyboard textures and pads. Adding lyrics about fear of intimacy, relapse and a love of my life that fades away. The vocals alternate between spoken and quirky singing.
1. Heaven is Not(So Far Away)-has a very euro/plastickman feel to it...kinda trippy enoish...which is very cool...
2. No Easy Road-feels very quirky cool..Speaking voice for verse, singing voice for chorus.
3. Troubled Heart-i love the thick guitar sound on this song....Taxi said this sounds like Talking Heads meets Muddy Waters. I had the guitar sounds from Fabulous Thunderbirds in mind.
4. A song about relapsing, and protecting my lover. It sounds somewhat like the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack, with Leonard Cohen singing.
5. Sweeping intro and the keyboard effect on the vocal is pretty cool...A rock ballad about losing a love that seemed like forever...at the time. When I played the guitar solo, I cou;dn't find any picks so I used one of my business cards.
6. Obsessed-Guitars, Pads, effects. A somewhat funny take on thinking all the time about someone who doesn't think too much about you. Sax intro and outro, Lots of things going on in the background.
7. Lover Man. Electronica/Lounge cover of Billie Holiday classic, Featuring vocalist Rayko from DigJelly.