david is well-known as a 12 survivor of a malignant brain tumor that was supposed to have killed him in 6 months. His amazing story of hope and survival has been shared with and inspired thousands of fans all over the world. If you are reading this here on CD baby, you are also learning that david is a prolific songwriter and keeps a relentless tour schedule across the nation and the world in support of his multiple CD’s. The more you get to know his music, the more you will learn of the many sides of david: survivor, yes, but also poet, philosopher, theologian, comedian, activist, husband, father, friend, and lover of all things coffee. This Presbyterian, passionate, fully reformed, liberally conservative peace-loving hippie-folksinger will wow you exotic guitar licks, but also inspire you with words you only wish you’d written yourself. Take the time to browse, listen, buy a couple CD;’s, visit his website, www.davidmbailey.com, and odds are before long, he’ll be in your area and you’ll be a fan of the music and the man. Thanks for stopping by – Keep on!!
Song notes from david:
I'm crazy excited about this project - I love the depth and breadth of the songs and production and hope you enjoy the themes thread that ties it all together
Long Drive Home Under An Autumn Eclipse - written on the road (literally) in 1998 driving from a gig in WV to Duke for my 2nd brain surgery.
2. Photographs And Flowers - written in and about a small town in WV where all businesses were shut down except the flower shop and the camera shop
3. Northern Lights in Virginia - a miracle? a fluke? I saw it.
4. Water From The Moon - a Japanese phrase about that which cannot be grasped
5. Less is More usually true
6. Miracle in Manhattan, 10-11, 2001 A long walk in Manhatten one month after 9-11
7. The Recruit About a lonely soldier headed off to the front lines
8. Not All Angels They show up in the strangest places...
9. I Am Looking Gratitude for a friend in the face of confusion
10. A Girl and a Boy The timeless epic story
11. If I Tell You words give us somewhere to start
12. The Letter from a father to a child
13. You Come Home - wrote this in college and used to perform it with Bill Deasy
14. Summer Lullaby a rediscovery of where you belong
15. Home A shelter built of grace written with Peter Mayer
16. Just You Wait Theme song for a habitual traveler
17. Right Here Right back where you started