The Little Domain That Could is a collection of music put together by Dougless R Esper from DomainCleveland booking and promotions. It was a project that was started almost 3 years ago, and finnally the journey seems to be complete. This CD is filled with hard working/talented band's from several genres, countries, and backgrounds. These are the bands of tommorow, and this is a sneak preview of what is to come. Here is what some of the bands are doing these days.
Secret Chiefs 3-released several cd's on mimicry records and are set to release 3 new cd's in 2004. Toured the world, and will tour much more in 2004.
Tub ring-released thier latest disc on invisible/underground inc. records, and are currently touring in support of Mindless Self Indulgence all over the country. they completed a successful tour of japan last summer, and have been involved in tours for jagermeister.
Dalek-released thier latest cd on Ipecac records, and have spent the past few years touring constantly with the melvins, tomahawk, skeleton key, isis, and many others. Thier next cd is being recorded right now.
Dog Fashion Disco-Toured for jagermeister, toured with Mushroomhead, Wasp, and many other bands. released thier latest on Spitfire records, and have touring plans for months to come.
Ph Balance-constantly touring all around the usa. Ph Balance is recording thier next cd which is sure to make a big splash.
Ellee Ven-released an ep featuring dj swamp(of beck and solo fame) which is really turning heads with it's dance-able/catchy tunes.
Domain Cleveland books local, regional, and national talent in the midwest, and has organized many benefit shows. Each year DomainCleveland does a Cancer benefit, a suicide benefit, several troop benefits, and many more. The response to be a part of this compilation has already spawned volume 2 and 3 to be started, and if that continues we may see several more compilations in the future. The line-up for volume one is a solid line-up including a collaberation track feat members of many great bands. It is exclusive to this compilation, and hopefully will spawn other collaberations in the future. Some record labels were involved, and gave thier blessing to be a part of this cd We were happy to work with them, and learn from them i the process. We wish to thank: Hot Sauce records, Mimicry records, Invisible/Underground inc., Ipecac records, C.o.p. International, Spitfire records, and Alpha Matrix records for helping get this cd out to the public. The following page contains more info, and a tracklisting for Volume One of "The Little Domain That Could"
1) black day-low in the sky akron, ohio 2:37
2) two minus three-tubring chicago, illinios 2:20
3) watcher-o.h.m. los angeles 3:02
4)game tell-finless brown-cleveland, ohio 4:19
5)lesser of the two sisters-daiquiri-ottawa, canada 2:42
6) emo joe(the lore city remix)-infinite number of sounds cleveland, ohio 4:46
7) and you will be repaid in kind . . . furnace st-clevland, ohio 3:41
8) rivulet(low in the sky remix) racermason akron, ohio 3:13
9) the chase hungry lucy cinncinati, ohio 4:29
10) pang japonica-mong hang japan 3:47
11) wasted-ellee ven(feat dj swamp)-los angeles california 2:59
12) rewind-chiasm-detriot, michigan 4:20
13) red wedding-collab track(feat membersof tub ring, dog fashion disco, drums and tuba, faith no more and more) 3:46
14) blu harvest-the firmary cleveland, ohio 4:04
15) evolution-basement love underground chicago, illinios 3:43
16) the acid memiors-dog fashion disco washington d.c.3:11
17) hashishi-hashisha(billy gould mix) by billy gould(kool arrow records) seattle, washington 3:46
18) planet spins-ph balance atlanta, georgia 4:02
19) Who are those 14TH CENTURY SPANISH QABALISTS that dig through my trash every night?"-secret chiefs 3 san fransisco, california 4:27
20) angst-dalek jersey 4:47
Thanks for taking your time to read this press kit, but hey it's time to go throw that sucker in the player and hear some of the best bands the world has to offer in 2003. Please contact DomainCleveland with any questions, comments, concerns, to get a link on our site, book a show threw us, or just to tell us about more music we need to hear. Hope you enjoy!
dougless r esper
october 15th 2003