Don't Die is Greg Marasso and Tom Mackerness.
A long long long time ago the two began to capture live recordings, original audio samples, and natural sounds, constantly stretching, tweaking, looping and remixing them into eclectic and mysterious soundscapes. With three CD releases in the past three years, these Northern California clowns have produced and recorded custom made electronic gypsy duets. Don't Die is always interested in performing at art shows and adding unique sounds to film and video. The album 'Processionals' is the first of three Don't Die albums.
Program Notes for PROCESSIONIALS:
1 farlpart 4 - acoustic bass; small sticky mic mounted to large dusty suspended cymbal found inthe basement played with med.soft mallet, sticks, hands, and scratched with finger nails.
2. we8too - plucked violin; hard mallets pounded and on cymbal edges then sampled and looped.
3. blister - clumsy trapset beats; acoustic bass; doubled violin
melodies; toy piano.
4. farlpart 1- sand blocks , medium paper scratched in the air , pitch shifted woodblocks and metallics performend at around 3am; acoustic bass.
5. noezambee - various ambient noise remixed, processed with pitch shifters.
6. saypretty - (remix) slowed down version of 'saypretty' ; large cymbal rhythms mixed, doubled, and altered; violin gypsy theme and variation.
7. glabprosse 1 - south indian style violin performance, four part
violin arrangement performed on the fourth floor,
bowed and plucked; acoustic bass; looped amplified droning cymbal rhythm; bell synth theme.
8. chalknpop - amplified and tweaked noises from the human mouth after drinking ancient age; acoustic bass
9. saypretty - two part violin, with theme and variation; gypsy, indian style rhythms; amplified cymbals with soft mallets looped and doubled with pitch shifted parts effected by a green delay pedal on a piano bench; motor synth noises throughout
10. robots - 38 minute sound escape; starting with sampled and looped found metal objects; freaky eerie violin melodies mixed with homemade trapset samples triggered while a hyper brown and white dog runs around the room; middle section filled with a freaky, droning
violin; theme eventually tweaked out of existence; three fourths in, a half sampled rhythm part begins with a synth melody and thumb piano. a spoken
word loop ends the journey.