** downloads now available at itunes, rhapsody, and more...
THIS CD FEATURES:
DARREN FRATE: Bass on 10 tracks
JAMEY HADDAD: Percussion on 2 tracks
TRACY SILVERMAN: Violin on 2 tracks
JENNIFER ERB: Vocals on 2 tracks
DALE PETERS: Percussion on 1 track
DAN BODE: Harmonica on 1 track
Since his days of performing in the Boston subways in the early 1990’s, Doug Wood has earned the status as one of the premier college performers in the country. Doug was voted by campuses nationwide as the "Best Instrumentalist" (CampusAwards.com) and "2005 Best Music Performance" runner-up (Campus Activities Magazine). Doug has showcased at 2 NACA National conferences, and 5 NACA regional conferences.
Doug’s instrumental music can shift from a sweet solo guitar piece to a composition looping energetic world rhythms with various percussion instruments. He connects well with his audience, whether it’s through his musicianship, tales of the road, or simply his wry sense of humor.
Doug has appeared live on National Public Radio shows “Echoes” and “River City Folk,” and his CDs have been featured on over 400 stations nationwide.
This new CD features renowned musicians Dale Peters (from the James Gang), Jamey Haddad (Paul Simon's percussionist), Tracy Silverman (Windham Hill Violinist), and long time bass phenom Darren Frate (from Watts Gnu).
Some of the Recent Acknowledgements (as of January, 2007):
- Nominated BEST GUITARIST by Cleveland Free Times Magazine
- Featured Live on PBS Show "Applause"
- NACA National Showcasing Artist (2 years)
- BEST MUSIC ACT Runner-Up, "Campus Activities Magazine" Readers' Poll
- Live On-Air appearance on NPR's "Echoes"
- Sponsored by SAMASHMUSIC.COM (2 years)
- APCA BEST SOLO ACT Nominations (3 years)
- Semi-Finalist INDEPENDANT MUSIC WORLD SERIES
- Awarded BEST INSTRUMENTALIST, CampusAwards.com
- Live On-Air appearance on NPR's "River City Folk"