It was in the spirit of early 60's Hot Rod and Surf music attitudes, this album was created. And so there needs to be some explanation of the tracks......
1. Boss of the Plains – Who is the Boss of the Plains? Clint? Maybe, John? Surely at one time. Enrico? Most likely, but you can imagine playing the part while listening to this tune. Open spaces reverberate, twangy guitars beckon, and is that a Spanish Seńiorita playing the castanets? Or the cocking of a gun! Twin leads emulate the Mariachi trumpets of old Mexico and transport you to another place. A place where the boss will make a triumphant return!
2. The Visitor – Let the Starlight Shifters help you rev up the Cadillac for a nice highway cruise. Uptown Saxophones and guitars help smooth the street ‘n’ you’re best girl is in the passenger seat. Arriving is fun but getting there can be the best part.
3. In Persuit! – If there’s going to be a midnight drag race at dead man’s curve, you will play this song in the car on the way. Are those sirens behind you? The Starlight shifters are not responsible for any speeding tickets incurred.
4. The Sultan – From parts unknown. Mystery and magic are evoked with tremolo guitars and theremin.
5. The Twister – The cars are revving on the drag strip as you’re waiting for the tree to light up and set you free. The smell of burned rubber and bleach mix with alcohol and Nitrous. Pre-stage quad yellow, then Stage quad yellow, it’s the final round and for all the marbles. Dual yellow! Dual Yellow! Dual yellow! GREEN means GO! Twist that crankshaft, just don’t twist the frame or it’s you who will be twisted.
6. Starlight – Ahhh! Workday is finished, time to relax and listen to “Guitars in the Starlight”.
7. T. V. Rave On – The bell over the bar rings out signaling last call. Guitars may have won the late 50’s war with the Saxophone, but in this bar there is always one more battle! Grab your beer and girl and get on the dance floor, there are only fifteen minutes before the bouncer throws us out.
8. The Kahakai – Imagine sunset on a Hawaiian beach, what would it sound like?
9. The Trip – Road trip! Adventure! Surprises!