The Instrument shown on the cover of "Golden Ratios" has 117 strings. It was hand made for my purposes. Each string is nearly 7 ft. long. They are all tuned to precise frequencies that generate the exquisite Harmonic Overtone Series. Tuning the instrument is extreemly arduous & time consuming. (Tuning it precisely can take up to 3-4 hours) This is known as the Lambdoma sequence.
This Instrument was also custom designed so that a human being can literally lie on top of the instrument while it is being played.
Thus you are able to "FEEL" and "HEAR" the frequencies throughout your entire body because you body is physically connected to the resonant sound chamber. To give a "Treatment" I lie on the ground and play the instrument "upside-down" like a cosmic harp.
For images check out http:HarmonixHealing.com
The acoustic eminations produced by this instrument have been described as Galactic Symphonic Orchestrations, Audible Sacred Geometry, Multi-Dimensional Waveforms, Sublime & Transcendental, Enigmatic, Fathomless Instrumentals Unimagined, Cosmic Angelic Choirs from Unseen Worlds.
It is hard to believe that there are no synthesizers, no computer generated effects, no layering of other instruments and no voices used in these recordings. It's the pure accoustic phenomena generated by 117 strings that have been precisely tuned to Pythagorean 5ths at 702 cents.
As a result of independent research on the life and teachings of Pythagoras, Dr. James B. Hopkins was inspired to commission a series of twelve profound musical instruments.
Inspired by Pythagoras, (569 BC) who is considered the founder of mathematics, the inventor of geometry & the father of music. He was the first person to calculate accurately the mathematical relationships between the musical intervals & the harmonic ratios.
He is also credited as being the first person to prescribe harmonic frequencies to treat human conditions. He invented instruments that used sound & vibration to align individuals with their Divine Nature in order to facilitate the healing process.
Dr Hopkins has spent the last seven years dedicated to recreating and manifesting EXTRAORDINARY musical instruments for the purpose of resurrecting this ancient tradition.
For an Inspirational Education check out= http://www.DrJamesHopkins.com
For Clarification of Pythagorean Harmonic Mathematics Refer to:
For those less mathematically inclined check the following for proof that sound not only has form but it organizes matter:
1) “Do you know that our soul is composed of harmony.”
Leonardo da Vinci, Notebooks (1451-1519)
2) “The highest goal of music is to connect one’s soul to their Divine Nature, not entertainment”
Pythagoras (569- 475 BC)
3) “Listening, is nothing less than our ‘royal route’ to the Divine.”
Dr. Alfred A. Tomatis (1920-2001)
4) “Music is the mediator between the life of the senses and the life of the spirit.”
5) “Man’s music is seen as a means of restoring the soul, as well as confused and discordant bodily afflictions, to the harmonic proportions that it shares with the world soul of the cosmos.”
Plato (Timaeus) (429-347 BC)
6) “By harmony all phenomena are formed and sustained. There is a scientific statement to the effect that this earth is a vast harmonic wave system that is built and sustained by unheard music.”
Corinne Heline (1882-1975)
7) “I believe that from the earth emerges a musical poetry that is by the nature of its sources tonal. I believe that these sources cause to exist a phonology of music, which evolves from the universal, and is known as the harmonic series.”
Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990)
8) Each celestial body, in fact each and every atom, produces a particular sound on account of its movement, its rhythm or vibration. All these sounds and vibrations form a universal harmony in which each element, while having it’s own function and character, contributes to the whole.
Pythagoras (569-475 BC)
9) “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
10) “If you learn music, you’ll learn history. If you learn music, you’ll learn mathematics. If you learn music, you’ll learn most all there is to learn.”
Edgar Cayce (1877-1945)
11) “The history of harmony is the history of the development of the human ear, which has gradually assimilated, in their natural order, the successive intervals of the harmonic series”
Nadia Boulanger (1887-1979)
12) “Harmony sinks deep into the recesses of the soul and takes its strongest hold there, bringing grace also to the body & mind as well. Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and life to everything. It is the essence of order…
13) “The magic of “Musical Medicine” will come into its own. The application of such healing potencies will not be limited just to man’s body and mind. It will be an agency for building and healing his soul as well.”
14) “Music should be healing, music should uplift the soul, music should inspire; then there is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection, only if it is rightly understood.”
The Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Kahn (1882-1927)
15) “He that divines the secret of my music is freed from the unhappiness that haunts the whole world of men.”
16) “Music is the art of the prophets, the only art that can calm the agitations of the soul.”
Martin Luther (1483-1546)
17) “The score of Pelleas and Melisande by Debussy, heralds that which will lift man from the earthly to the celestial, from the mortal to the immortal. Once again the ways of the artist and healer are merging.”
Corinne Heline (1882-1975)
18) “Music can minister to minds diseased, pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow, raze out the written troubles of the brain, and with its sweet oblivious antidote, cleanse the full bosom of all perilous stuff that weighs upon the heart”
Shakespeare, William (1564-1616)
19) “The prime objective of all Initiatory music in the Temples of Antiquity was to bring about physical purification and renewal, mental stimulation and alertness, spiritual exhilaration and Illumination.”
St. Ambrose (who brought the diatonic scale of Pythagoras to the Church) (340-397)
20) “Pythagoras based musical education in the first place on certain melodies and rhythm that exercised a healing, a purifying influence on the human actions and passions, restoring ‘Pristine Harmony’ of the souls faculties. He applied the same means to the curing of diseases of both body and mind…”
Porphyry (233-309) 2nd generation disciple of Pythagoras
21) “And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth”
John 1:14 (100 AD) (according to John, the literal translation of “The Word” meant “Pristine Harmony”)
22) “People say that the soul, on hearing the song of creation, entered the body, but in reality the soul itself was the song"
23) “Music is the harmonious voice of creation: an echo of the invisible world, one note of the divine concord that the entire universe is destined one day to sound.”
Giuseppe Mazzini (1805-1872)
24) “What makes us feel drawn to music is that our whole being is music: our mind and body, the nature in which we live, the nature which has made us, all that is beneath and around us, it is all music.”
Hazrat Inyat Khan (Sufi Master) (1882-1927)