E>K>U>K is a band from Los Angeles, California. A composite of other well-known L.A. bands with ex - members of dios (malos) and current members of Rock Goggle Fantasy and
Vaudeville. Described as a loud, fast and energetic rock band with influences the range from The Kinks to Sonic Youth. E>K>U>K puts on a blistering live set with a heavy and harmonic sound.
In a year of existence, E>K>U>K have put out three releases, two of which are nationally distributed. They've recieved a lot of airplay on local radio stations such as the influential KXLU 88.9 FM in Los Angeles as well as stations throughout the country. As part of the new growing scene in Los Angeles, they've played with The Rolling Blackouts, dios malos, The Red Onions, Dead Moon and the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex (ex - Smashing Pumpkins).
Their newest release, an EP entitled "Auto Exploder" is out now on the independent label, Otik Records.
- #1 requested CD on KXLU radio July 2004.
- Played the 2005 SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas
- Toured both the West Coast and South West extensively
- Played practically EVERY venue in Los Angeles, including The Troubadour, Knitting Factory and Spaceland. Due to that, they have garnered a large local following.
- Wrote a theme song and were featured in a TROMA film called "Slaughter Party".
"Here's to breaking all the rules!" -Maximum Rock'n'Roll
"The mad men of rock" -Flagstaff Weekly
"If you haven't heard of this band yet, you will" -NoFi Magizine
"Fist flying balls out rock'n'roll that breaks down every boundary" -Synthesis