A Brief Overview of What Mary’s Songs Mean to Her
1. “Just Want to Thank You Lord” – This song reflects on being grateful and thankful for basic simple things that we tend to take for granted such as being able to move, see, smell, feel, touch, breathe...It is a blessing to wake up each morning and see another day and sometimes we can easily take this for granted. When we appreciate simple things that God blesses us with it helps us to stay in a spirit of thankfulness! We should always give thanks to the Lord for He is good!
2. “Rejoice in the Lord” – Everyday we should give God honor and glory and rejoice in Him when we wake up and open our eyes and we are here in the land of the living. Man did not create this day but this is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! We have been blessed with the gift of salvation and we have countless reasons to Rejoice in the Lord; celebrating Him everyday!
3. “Worthy to be Praised” – From the rising of the sun until the going down of the same, the Lord's name is worthy, worthy to be praised! He is the same yesterday, today and forevermore! He is the rock of my salvation and the strength of my life and He is worthy to be praised. No matter what I may experience in my life, He is worthy to be praised!
4. “The More I Serve You Lord” – When I humble myself as a servant of the Lord and purify my motives, I believe He gives me strength to accomplish whatever He assigns me to do. When my heart’s desire is to please and glorify Him, the sky is the limit. The more I serve Him, it helps me to stay focused to pray and obey; it helps me to face each day and see my way. To make a long story short, when I leave this earth and see my Lord's face, I want Him t say, well done my good and faithful servant…
5. “Nobody Like You Lord” – There simply is nobody on this earth like our Almighty God! He is sovereign and everything I need Him to be. He is the creator of the heavens and earth and everything in it! He is Omnipresent, Omniscience and Omnipotent! There are simply no words to adequately describe or explain who He is. I am blessed to say He is my Lord and Savior and He is my friend. There is none like Thee, nobody like You Lord, nobody nowhere!
6. “Lord be More to Me “– Life Is tough and can be challenging from all of the trials and tribulations that I (we) go through; all of the hurt, pain and disappointments, but at the end of the day, I can run to the Rock of my salvation and that Rock is Jesus, who is the strength of my life and remember that, when it is all said and done, this too shall past and He truly is all that I need. When nothing else works, and all things have failed, Lord be more to me than anything; because You are my Eternal Life. Everything on this earth will pass away but You are my Eternal Life! The bottom line is, I am nothing without Him because He truly is the air that I breathe and meets my every need and I want Him to be more to me than anything!
7. “How Powerful and Awesome You Are” – I can see the glory and power of the Lord all over this earth! When I feel the wind blowing; the trees swaying; see the sunrise and sunset; the seasons and even a bird in flight; wow, my God, how powerful and awesome You are! He created the heavens and the earth and everything in it... When I see the bright sunshine and every breath I take, God, how powerful and awesome You are!
8. “How Excellent is Thy Name”– God is "Excellent" in all the earth. He is sovereign and we can call Him our Lord and our Savior. His name is above “Excellent” in all the earth! His name is above every name! His glory is above the heavens and oh how glorious is His name! At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow; His name is Excellent in all the earth! He is our Heavenly Father, our Eternal Life! His name is “Excellent” in all the earth!
9. “I Love You Lord” – How can I not love such a Great and Awesome God! He so loved me that He died for me, way back on Calvary; what manner of love bestowed upon me! He has already paid the price for everything in my life; what a Mighty God He is! I thank Him for the Blood that He shed for me; Hs Blood gave me eternal life. His Love and His Blood saved my soul and make me whole!
10. “I Got the Victory” - It is already done, we have won in every area of our lives when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. It does not matter what it is, I (we) have the Victory; therefore, I need to always celebrate and give God thanks, praise and worship in everything that I (we) may experience in this temporary life; for this too shall pass. So move your feet, clap your hands, jump for joy, and praise His name because we have the victory in the name of Jesus. The devil is a defeated foe and the Bible tells us so!