When Flip Schultz was eight years old, he won a summer camp talent show by performing stand up comedy. There was never a doubt in his mind that comedy would be his future.
For a while he performed wherever he could find an audience, whether at a family get together, bar-mitzvahs, seniors center; he didn't care. He just wanted to make people laugh.
Finally, at 18, he braved a real comedy stage and won the open mic contest. For the next few years Flip performed at many comedy clubs (and bars) honing his craft, paying his dues and learning his craft. And he still managed to earn his degree in theater.
After leaving as one of the hottest and most requested comics in South Florida, Flip moved cross country to LA. His high
energy and very physical show has made him a favorite on the LA comedy scene and a regular performer a
t the world famous Hollywood Improv. Plus he has had the pleasure of sharing the stag
e with such performers as:
PAUL ANKA, LEWIS BLACK, GEORGE CARLIN, DANA CARVEY (contributing writer), TOMMY DAVIDSON, JEFF DUHNUM, PABLO FRANCISCO (frequent writer), BOBCAT GOLDTHWAIT, DAVID ALAN GRIER, JAMIE KENNEDY, JACKIE 'THE JOKEMAN' MAR
TLING, LARRY MILLER, JAY MOHR, JOHN PINETTE, CAROLINE RHEA, ROBERT SCHIMMEL, PAULY SHORE, BOBBY SLAYTON, THE TEMPTATIONS, JOE TORRY, DAMON WAYANS & “WEIRD AL” YANKOVIC.
Flip has performed at many 'A' comedy rooms, including:
THE CAPITAL CITY COMEDY CLUB - CHILKOOT CHARLIES -THE COMEDY CORNER - THE COMEDY STORE - THE FUNNY BONE - THE IMPROVS (national chain) - LAFFS COMEDY CLUB - MADHOUSE COMEDY CLUB - THE PUNCHLINE COMEDY CLUB - RASCALS COMEDY CLUB - THE STARDOME - THE TROPICANA - THE TULSA COMEDY CLUB - ZANIES COMEDY CLUB
His accomplishments include:
- Semi-Finalist on LAST COMIC STANDING 4 & was featured on LAST COMIC STANDING 7 as “Skippy Greene”
- Appearing in the feature films: “BIG TROUBLE” (2002) & “BREAKING WIND” (2012) Starring in the feature film “30 NIGHTS OF PARANORMAL ACTIVITY WITH THE DEVIL INSIDE THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO” (2013)
- Staff writer for the Terry Fator & Friends (winner of 2007 America’s Got Talent) at the Vegas Hilton & Mirage
- Other TV appearances: LIVE AT GOTHAM, THE NEW STAR SEARCH, THE JERRY LEWIS TELETHON, HBO, COMICS UNLEASHED, Ed McMahon’s NEXT BIG STAR (winner), COMEDY.TV, QUÉ LOCO, FUNNY MONEY, THE GONG SHOW, LATINO LAUGH FESTIVAL, LATINO 101 (as “Skippy Greene”) & LOCO COMEDY JAM
- Toured Europe in 2007 & 2009 with Pablo Francisco & returned on his own in 2008, 2011 & 2012.
- Entertaining the military in Iraq: 2009
-Writing & performing in the shows: Flippin’ Through The Channels, Skippy Greene: We Laughed...,Skippy Greene’s Big Show & Fustercluck
- COMEDY FESTIVALS: Aspen, Boston (semi-finalist), Calgary (Festival Allstar), Canmore, Chicago, Hollywood (as “Skippy Greene”), Las Vegas (Miami ‘Comedy Club Pick’), New Orleans, South Beach & Traverse City.
Recorded 5 comedy CDs & 2 comedy DVDs
“He’s like an ostrich on PCP!” -
“Within seconds, Schultz turns into a manic, mike-wielding madman...” -
The Calgary Herald
"Flip did what his own idols like Howie Mandel, and Steve Martin had done for ages. He made intimate contact with the audience. And, the reserved Nordic crowd...adored the transgression." –
The New York Resident
“He...performs well-conceived bits that show an acumen for writing and social satire” -
The Sun Sentinel
“Flip Schultz's comedy prowess is second to no one. His comedic versatility is the best I've seen in a
long time. Not to mention he has huge balls...when it comes to taking
chances on the dramatic beats.” –
Craig Moss (film director)
“Flip Schultz is a very original and energetic comi c whose comedic palette has more colors than many well-known
stand-up comedians who have their own sitcom” –
The Serious Comedy Site