You can see and hear a video sample by going to our web site, steeldrummusichawaii.com (there's a link on this page in the left hand column). When you get there, click on the Samples tab.
For more than six years we were a featured act in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, the most central gathering place in Waikiki for entertainment. For many decades the best entertainers in Hawaii and even international stars have graced this nostalgic stage. However, in 2004 it was announced that the center would be conducting major renovation and the stage would be gone. Therefore, since our fans had been asking us to do a live video, and since the stage would soon be part of a colorful history, we began shooting footage during 2005. This video is a collection of those performances. Some of it was shot by audience members so as to get a â€œyou are thereâ€ feeling to the project. For those of you who want the memories, this is a must. Remember Junko playing Ave Maria? Remember me doing the Pan â€˜round the Neck demo? All that and more! For those of you who donâ€™t know us, youâ€™ll love it too.
Here are the songs in each chapter:
1) Hawaiian Medley: Tiny Bubbles, Pearly Shells, Hawaiian Wedding Song, Hawaiian War Chant.
2) Two Great American Standards: Tea for Two and Mona Lisa
3) Cruise Boat Music: Brown Eyed Girl, Under the Boardwalk, Shake Senora
4) Calypso, Classical, Hawaiian: Matilda, Jamaica Farewell, Ave Maria, La Dona e Mobile, Aloha Oeâ€™
5) Bonus Track. Sorry, no way to preview. But, youâ€™ll love it. Itâ€™s two Japanese girls who take one lesson from us and then perform with us in Waikiki.
Note: DVDâ€™s donâ€™t play everywhere in the world. This DVD should play ok in the US, Canada, Asia, Central America and parts of the Caribbean and Europe. Why? The answer is technical and has to do with different electrical standards in various countries. If you buy it and have a problem, Iâ€™ll refund your money. Contact me at:
Phone/Fax 808-735-6003 (Hawaii)