1. ONE DAY SOON Ernie's first solo album "Portraits" won Male Vocalist of the Year and Island Contemporary Album of the Year at the 2002 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards. That about says it all.
2. DROP BABY DROP/ WHO LOVES YOU PRETTY BABY Mana'o Company rivaled Ernie at the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards taking home awards for Engineering. Songs of the Year, Album of the Year and Contemporary Album of the Year, ("Spread a Little Aloha"). Our selection here is from an earlier Mana'o Company CD and continues to be one of our favorite songs that they've recorded.
3. LANGUAGE OF THE HEART Bryan was the co-founder, lead guitarist and vocalist for Hawaiian Style Band and he wrote many of their hit songs. "Heart Jams" was Bryan's first solo album and we're looking forward to the next one...
4. FOREVER MINE Songs like this one have established Randy as a top Hawaiian songwriter. Thank you Randy for coming in and laying down tracks for this beautiful song.
5. EO PALOLO This is Desi's first recorded track as a singer songwriter. She sings about the beauty of Palolo Valley on Oahu where she grew up. Yes, it's the same Cruz family, and as you can hear, Desiree is a fine singer in her own right.
6. SHINE ON Any Hawaiian CD collection is not complete without "Acoustic Soul," John's first solo album, and we are proud to add this song to our line up. John wrote "Shine On" while living on the East Coast. The merging of his mainland and Hawaiian experiences are part of John's great music signature. Jon won Na Hoku Hanohano awards for "Acoustic Soul" in 1997 for Most Promising Artist and Contemporary Album of the Year.
7. MOKIHANA LULLABY Lorna sings of the most beautiful mokihana flower found on the island of Kaua'i that is used to make a lei of love.
8. SMUGGLER'S INN Charles is currently known as the lead guitarist for the trio Kohala, but his debut albums in the early '90s, "Pacific Rendezvous" and "Mango Cooler," were contemporary jazz hits that charted in the top ten on New Adult Contemporary Radio. "Smuggler's Inn" as originally recorded on "Pacific Rendezvous" (Brainchild Records 1993) and re-released on Palm Records in 1998.
9. AT MANELE Pomai is known for her duo performances and recordings with her brother Loeka, but here she sings a beautiful solo performance of a song that her father wrote about Manele Bay on the island of Lana'i. Pomai and Loeka are Na Hoku Hanohano Award Winners.
10. COCONUT CULTURE "Allan Thomas is more than just a singer and a songwriter, he's an Islander; he's a Windrider. He's been there in that sun and in that sea long enough to have soaked it up into him, into his heart...and it comes out in his songs. I listen to him and I see Hanalei Bay..." David Crosby, 1996. Allan lives on Kauai and describes his music as R & B- Rhythm and Beach.
11. HAWAII CALLS TO ME Born and raised on the Big Island of Hawaii, R.J.'s "Hawaii Calls to Me" shows his love for the island.
12. WHEN PUEO FLIES The Pueo (owl) can be seen swooping down over the Kawaihae road as we drive from the Kohala coast back up to Waimea at night. Charles' arrangements features his classical guitar and the beautiful voice of Robi Kahakalau.