2005 HOKU AWARD WINNER!
1. KALEPONI HULA Loeka is known for his duo performances and recordings with sister Pomai, but here he sings solo. Pomai and Loeka are Na Hoku Hanohano Award Winners.
2. SWEET KA MAKANI, KE KAIAULU Three members of the Na Hoku Hanohano Award winning Lim family perform this song. The Lim family is from the North Kohala area of the Big Island and can often be heard performing along the Kohala coast.
3. MY HULA GIRL What is it like to be a musician performing each night for a hula dancer? Randy speaks from experience when he answers this question in his song.
4. MAHINA O HOKU Former band member of "Nalu!", Rupert was born and raised on the Big Island where he now performs with his wife, Kahealani, who is a hula dancer.
5. PAPALINA LAHULAHI Lena was one of the original members of the group "Hawaiians Unlimited." He performs regularly on the Big Island's Kohala Coast.
6. HI'ILAWE Nephi tours the U.S., South Pacific and Japan with his Polynesian show Hawaiki Nui. This song tells the story of "Hi'ilawe," the beautiful waterfall in the back of Waipio Valley near his home on the Big Island.
7. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE HANDS These humorous lyrics speak of the difficulty of keeping one's eyes on the hands while watching a beautiful hula dancer.
8. PAUOA LIKO KA LEHUA This is a love song about the lehua blossom that grows in the Pauoa region on Oahu near Nu'uanu Valley.
9. HAWAIIAN HULA EYES This is one of the Hawaii's classic hapa haole songs; a Hawaiian song written in English during the swing era.
10. I WAIPI'O Kainani wrote this song about her first trip to Waipi'o Valley. Written under the pale moonlight in the warm glow of the fire, this song honors the beauty of Waipi'o.
11. I KONA Keoki is known as a skilled slack-key guitarist and is one of several well-respected Kahumoku family member musicians from the Big Island.
12. E PILI MAI Sonny and his sister Lorna sing this tender love song as a duet.