"Celebracion" is a festive collection of original Caribbean songs by acclaimed four time "Putumayo World Music" composer/guitarist Jose Gonzalez. The island rhythms of Plena, Salsa, Merengue Son, and Jibaro sounds are blended in with Flamenco, Brazilian, Jazz and rock beats to create this unique recording.
Jose Gonzalez “ Festival 2006! ”
Hispanic Excellence in Music Award 2006
(we are located in Amherst, Massachusetts)
Guitarist, composer and virtuoso Cuatro player, Jose Gonzalez, is one of the foremost exponents of Puerto Rican / Latin music in the United States today. Acclaimed for his original compositions featuring “the Cuatro”, (Puerto Rico’s national instrument), his nine self-produced recordings have become bestsellers. His compositions are featured in television and film productions by NBC, PBS, CNN, cable TV, as well as four Putumayo World Music compilations.”. He is also a featured performer on the new PBS-TV “Visions of Puerto Rico” DVD and the new movie -“El Cimarron”.
Jose is a graduate of the University of Puerto Rico, and his vast musical experiences include performances in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Curacao, and the U.S.A with major Latin artists such as: Libertad Lamarque, Sandro, Braulio, Danny Rivera, Andres Jimenez, Roy Brown, Wilkins, Giovanni Hidalgo and Ruben Blades. Jose has performed major concerts at:
1. Boston Fine Arts Museum 10. U-Conn / U-Mass
2. Berklee Performance Center 11. Yale University, New Haven,CT
3. U-MASS, “Bright Moments Festival 12. Princeton University, New Jersey
4. Chicago Arts and Science Museum 13. Hartford Symphony Orchestra
5. University of Puerto Rico 14. Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra
6. 1st Night Hartford/Providence/Worcester 15. World Guitar Festival, Martinique
7. Heineken Jazz Jam Series, Puerto Rico 16. Bronx Arts Ensemble, NYC
8. Connecticut Classical Guitar Society 17. OAS (Washington, DC)
9. New Jersey Chamber Music Society 18. Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
10. Philadelphia Art Museum 19. Holyoke Civic Symphony Orchestra
Jose’s new recording, “Bomba Le Lé!”, features the contemporary rhythms of Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic. His 8-piece Latin band (Banda Criolla) performs an exciting mix of the best of today’s Latin scene.
Programs Now Available
1- Criollo Clasico --Duo or Quartet (acoustic / instrumental) Latin American, classical, pop, jazz and original music performed on Spanish guitars, Puerto Rican Cuatro, Flute and Latin Percussion.
2.-Banda Criolla (vocal / Dance) 8-piece Festive Latin Band performing the hot dance rhythms of top Latino artists such as Santana, Juan Luis Guerra, Gypsy Kings, Strunz and Farah and Banda Criolla.
(Special Childrens Concert/workshop / Latin Xmas Show available)
Jose Gonzalez is a participating artist in the New England States Touring Program.
Financial support may be available for performances! Call NEFA at (617) 951-0010
Visit our new website! www.criolloclasico.com
(Call (413) 253-9639 or e-mail email@example.com for demo tape or information).