Visit our new website! www.criolloclasico.com
(Call (413) 253-9639 or e-mail email@example.com for information).
about Best of José González y Criollo Clásico: Concierto a Puerto Rico
n the late 1970's there began a musical renaissance in Puerto Rico that inspired many young musicians to rediscover their cultural roots. Adding to this native element came the inevitable allure of other sounds such as classical music, blues, pop, jazz, rock, Brazilian, folk and world music. As we step into a new century the "Concierto a Puerto Rico" is once again heralding a bright future for Puerto Ricos national instrument El Cuatro.
Símbolo vivo y vibrante de nuestra cultura.
Fuerte, orgulloso y triunfante, nuestro cuatro puertorriqueño!
Jose Gonzalez –“
Guitarist, composer and virtuoso Cuatro player, Jose Gonzalez, is one of the top performers of Puerto Rican / Latin music in the United States today. Acclaimed for his original compositions featuring “the Cuatro”, (Puerto Rico’s national instrument), his seven self-produced recordings have become bestsellers. His music has been featured on NBC, PBS, CNN, cable TV, as well as four “Putumayo World Music” compilation CDs. Also on the new Bose “World Music”CD.
Jose is a graduate of the University of Puerto Rico, and his vast musical experiences include performances in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Curacao, and the U.S.A with major Latin artists such as: Libertad Lamarque, Sandro, Braulio, Danny Rivera, Andres Jimenez, Roy Brown, Wilkins, Giovanni Hidalgo and Ruben Blades. Jose has performed major concerts at:
1. Boston Fine Arts Museum 10. U-Conn / U-Mass
2. Berklee Performance Center 11. Yale University, New Haven,CT
3. U-MASS, “Bright Moments Festival 12. Princeton University, New Jersey
4. Chicago Arts and Science Museum 13. Hartford Symphony Orchestra
5. University of Puerto Rico 14. Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra
6. 1st Night Hartford/Providence/Worcester 15. World Guitar Festival, Martinique
7. Heineken Jazz Jam Series, Puerto Rico 16. Bronx Arts Ensemble, NYC
8. Connecticut Classical Guitar Society 17. OAS (Washington, DC)
9. New Jersey Chamber Music Society 18. Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
10. Philadelphia Art Museum 19. Holyoke Civic Symphony Orchestra
Jose’s new recording, “Bomba Le Lé!”, features the contemporary rhythms of Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic. His 8-piece Latin band (Banda Criolla) performs an exciting mix of the best of today’s Latin scene.
Programs Now Available
1. Criollo Clasico --Duo or Quartet – (acoustic / instrumental) Latin American, classical, pop, jazz and original music performed on Spanish guitars, Puerto Rican Cuatro, Flute and Latin Percussion.
2. Banda Criolla – (vocal / Dance) 8-piece Festive Latin Band performing the hot dance rhythms of top Latino artists such as Santana, Juan Luis Guerra, Gloria Estefan, Gypsy Kings, Strunz and Farah and Banda Criolla.
Visit our new website! http://members.tripod.com/~Lilor/index.htm
(Call (413) 253-9639 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for demo tape or information).