One of "12 Kid's Albums You Can't Live Without" - School Library Journal, July '07
"This gaggle of sing-along faves mixes Spanish songs with English classics, rendered in Levine’s Latin-jazzy approach. Best download: "A Place in the Choir." - Erica Milvy, Parenting Magazine, April, '07
"Tiburon", one of the "Top 15 songs of 2006" - kidsmusicthatrocks.com, January 1, '07
"The kids' album most likely to induce spontaneous salsa dancing.” - Warren Truitt, Director of the Children's Reading room, Donnell Library
JOSH LEVINE FOR KIDS is a valuable resource for teachers, but it’s also for parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and YOU!
Most of the songs are made for movement:
• "MI CUERPO HACE MUSICA" - my body makes music.
• "JUMP JIM JOE" – the lyrics tell you what to do.
• "I'VE BEEN WORKIN’ ON THE RAILROAD" - form a dancing train.
• "WHEELS ON THE BUS", "TIBURON" & "I AM A PUMPKIN" - pantomime.
• "IF YOU'RE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT" – buy Josh Levine for Kids!
• "THE HOKEY POKEY" mambo.
There are also some great songs for teaching about diversity and tolerance:
• "A REAL BOUQUET" is a poem by Edith Segal set to music by Josh.
• "A PLACE IN THE CHOIR", by Bill Staines.
• "THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND", by Woody Guthrie.
• "THE ALPHABET SONG" mambo.
• "CUMPLEANOS FELIZ" cha cha.
• "I’VE GOT MUSIC IN MY SOUL" swings.
Josh sings and plays upright bass, Venezuelan cuatro, keyboards and percussion on the album. Percussionist Guillermo Cardenas plays on two of the fourteen selections. To find out more about Josh you can click the link to his website. You can also see reviews from Parenting Magazine, School Library Journal and kidsmusicthatrocks.com by clicking on their links.