Ever since Bob Marley performed at the Rufaro Stadium on Zimbabwe's independence day on April 18th 1980, Zimbabwean reggae artists and groups have come and gone like Zig Zag Band, Transit Crew, Cruxial Mix Band, Reggae Revellers, Black Roots, Man Soul Jah, Potato, Yappe Banton, just to name a few, all these groups and artists had one thing in common to showcase Zimbabwe's immense reggae talent on an individual scale. The zimdancehall community has raised a platform for Zimbabwean dancehall artists to promote, showcase their talents and express their national pride to the world. The main focus is to encourage unity, togetherness amongst artists, fans and all Zimbabweans as a whole. This is the first of many Riddims to come from A.B.R.A Records and the zimdancehall community. Love peace and unity is the order.
The first ever Official Riddim Album to come from Africa. The Konzeresa (causes) Riddim is here. Featuring 15 of the hottest Zimbabwean Dancehall MCs collaborating from all ends of the world in a unified effort. The tracks on the album are uplifting and overflowing with energy coupled with lyrical dexterity that oozes the African musical spirit.
Making up the artist line-up:
• King Labash, who has the title track Kukonzeresa which has rocked Zimbabwe since late 2007 continuously causing a stir in the Dancehall circles.
• Jusa, the producer of the Riddim and the C.E.O of A.B.R.A Records.
• May J, based in Queensland, Australia.
• Yard Steppa, (of the Gangsta Muffin Crew fame) based in Canada.
• Dubbie Benzie, an exciting talent to crop up who is based in the U.K.
• Cee Jay, who is based in the U.S.A and is currently on a world tour that is coming near you soon enough!
• Slaggy Yute, founder of zimdancehall.com & C.E.O of Upliftment Records.
• S Rilla, of MatemaGhoridhe Productions and who is a member of the A.B.R.A. family.
• Snaka Dread, based in the U.K of the musikana wandinoda fame.
• Melvin C, of Natty Dread Productions,
• DJ Tinah, based in India (C.E.O of Eye Spy Ent.)
• Alfire, of Black Scorpian who is about to release the snake bite riddim.
• Rassie Ai, who is one of the pioneering artist of Zimbabwean Dancehall who has just released a solo album titled Return to life under www.kynrecords.com.
• Mad Fisher based in Zimbabwe.
• Mc Mighty based in Ireland who is about to release his debut solo album.
• Monstar Keed of Riddim Kings in Canada
The Riddim album is trend setting mark of unity amongst Zimbabweans. It is a clear example of how people can come together with a common cause and preserve to its positive manifestation with distinct comprehension. Surely one plus one equals three not two, as the more we are the more we can do. Sixteen talented individuals have come together and defied distance, work, school and all other everyday obstacles we are faced by in this global fast life. They did this in a bid to chase the dream they all share. This is a clear example that if as Africans we come together in a unified front we can achieve higher heights.
The Konzeresa Riddim is officially available on CDbaby and is making serious waves in Zimbabwe, U.K, Australia, U.S.A and Canada. Look out for the next riddim series from Alfire REcords featuring nuff artists from Zimbabwe and Jamaica www.zimdancehall.com .