1. How Long 3.33 (Avril/Lemann) Control. A big soul song about Leslies’ life & times. Featuring Andy Baylor on blues guitar along with backing vocals by Jody Bell, Paul Gadsby & Gary Young.
2. Perfect World 3.13 (Chris Stockley) Control. An old Chris Stockley song given a Cajun feel. Leslie first recorded this with The Blue Healers way back in the 80’s. Features Gary Young on drums & vocals, Sam Lemann on guitar & mandolin, Andy Baylor on fiddle & Steve Teakle on accordion & washboard.
3. Song for Les 3.40 (Avril/Lemann) Control. I wrote this song for Les Scott, a beautiful Papuan bass player from Sydney .Features producer & arranger Sam Lemann on 4 & 8 string ukuleles.
4. Lonely & Longing 3.21 (Gary & Angie Young) Mushroom/Control. A honky-tonk song written by Angie Young with help from hubbie Gary on drums & vocals & Steve Teakle on piano.
5. Dark End of the Street (Duet with Andy Swann) 4.11 (Penn/Moman) Screen Gems-EMI Music Inc. Drummer & multi-instrumentalist Andy Swann & I first performed this song in Tamworth a few years ago & I thought it was worth recording. I first heard the Percy Sledge version, then Dan Penn himself and most famously Gram Parsons.
6. Foolish Things 3.58 (Avril/Lemann) Control. A petulant song about all the foolish things that we all get up to! Features Sam Lemann on guitars & mandolin & Jody Bell on vocals.
7. Tonight the Heartache’s on Me 3.43 (Francis/Macrae/Morrison) Music City Music Inc. A beautiful country song first recorded by Joy Lynn White then turned into a dance song by the Dixie Chicks. Had hoped to record this with my bass player Les. This track features Paul Gadsby on vocals & Andy Baylor on fiddles.
8. La Musique Country 3.14 (Stephen May) Control. Speaking & singing un petit peu francais, I had always wanted to record a Cajun song with Andy Baylor. This song was written for me by Stephen May from French Island. It features Andy on vocals & fiddle & Steve Teakle on accordion & washboard.
9. Devil Call Your Name 3.36 (Marni Sheehan) Control. I heard this song a long time ago at Sharon Andersons’ 40th & had always thought about doing it.This is a gospel treatment featuring Jody Bell on vocals & Sam Lemann on guitars.
10. Hard Workin’ Woman 3.51 (Avril/Lemann) Control. As Sam said to me when we were writing – “where’s all the tough Leslie Avril songs?” Here’s a song in the classic Leslie Avril “WOMAN” style with Jody Bell & Paul Gadsby on vocals & Andy Baylor & Sam on guitars.
11. Eastern Standard Time 3.34 (Paul Gadsby) Control. A song from Melbourne bass player,guitarist & songwriter Paul Gadsby. To get the feel we had to think of the tropics & palm trees! Features Paul on bass & vocals & Trevor Reading programing percussion.
12. Love Letters 2.40 (Heyman/Young) Famous Music Corp Co. It was suggested a few years ago by Greg Williams at Dex Music that I should record this classic.This is a stripped back version featuring Sam on guitar & sneaky vibraphone, Trevor Reading on Double Bass & Andy Swann on drums.
13. L.A. Freeway 4.48 (Guy Clarke) Chappell & Co. As the generous sponsor of this CD Jack Hutchinson and a good friend of Guy Clarkes’, I just had to put down the song that I have been performing live since The Blue Healer band days. A big production, it features Paul Gadsby & Jody Bell on vocals, Sam on acoustic & electric guitars, Trevor on electric bass, Andy Swann on drums & Andy Baylor taking us home on fiddle.