littleSUNDAY Releases New EP “Cross The Line” WED.01.MARCH.2006:
After spending scattered days in the recording studio, and some masterful re-mastering, littleSUNDAY has finally released their 2006 EP entitled, “Cross The Line”.
This five-song onslaught of catchy melodies and musical adventures reflects the band’s growth and maturity in song writing.
“In the past, we wrote song that sounded cool to the ear and to ourselves (day of hollow, 2003). This time around, we decided to focus on music that caught the listener’s attention, while maintaining our raw energy in playing”, comments drummer, Eric Bonatti.
“It’s about writing something with meaning and expression, thus creating an identity for the song to stand on its own”, says bassist Mario Stamegna.
littleSUNDAY has taken the raw energy of their live shows, to reproduce a fresh-sounding and genuine recording. The songs were selected from over 28 written tunes that reflected the band’s live energy, and most importantly, musical flavors.
When asking lead singer, Rick Farrell about the selection process, he commented: “The songs were chosen from our musical archive that had already been roughly tracked in various studios by several producers who captured a good vibe of the band. We also went with songs that were very popular with audience members at our live shows“.
Listen to some of the tracks, and judge for yourself. Track listings include:
High energy sing-a-long, with pounding drums & catchy lyrical phrasing.
2. CROSS THE LINE
Power- pop with gripping vocal layering and smooth melodies.
3. IN THE END
A casual, yet throbbing rhythmic journey of uncertainty.
4. STOP THE RAIN
Sit back and enjoy!!
Pop meets power in this melody-driven rock song.
Tracks recorded at:
AudioFX REcording Studios /
RAC (Recording Arts Canada)
Analog Acoustics (USA)
Copyright © 2006, littleSUNDAY Music /
All rights Reserved 2006.
***** Artist Information *****
RICK * LEAD VOCALS / GUITAR
JP * LEAD GUITARS / BACKING VOCALS
ERIC * DRUMS / PERCUSSIONS
MARIO * BASS GUITAR / BACKING VOCALS
. littleSUNDAY emerged onto the music scene delivering a quality blend of Rock music. In 2003, the band independently released their debut CD "Day Of Hollow" and sold over 1000 units in the first few months. Currently, with the release of their latest EP, "Cross the Line," which has pushed over 3000 units in the first 4 months, littleSUNDAY is already receiving positive feedback from radio and industry members alike.
"Toronto's littleSUNDAY brings a great mix of classic and modern rock together with the new EP 'Cross The Line' for their follow up to the group's debut album 'Day Of Hollow'. With five tracks of pure flashback goodness that will leave any honest rock fan with a finger on the repeat button, 'Cross The Line' is definitely one album to check out."
(Ian Ball - www.tangiblesounds.com © 2006)
"littleSUNDAY is a hardworking independent band with an extremely tight live show and music that’s ready and primed for radio...
...Farrell is an incredible front man with a killer voice and a whole lot of sex appeal. The rhythm section which comprises of bass player Mario Stamegna and drummer Eric Bonatti plays some tight, hard rocking grooves. And I have to smile when JP plays a complex guitar solo on his classic Flying V guitar. The best part about watching them is that they look like they are having a good time on stage and that they belong there."
(Liz Lulu - the Spill Magazine © 2006)
. Their lively personas and energetic stage shows have left a jet-stream of hungry new music fans. The music is best described as "Infectious New Rock".
. At times their style of music is hauntingly reminiscent of Classic Rock legends such as Led Zeppelin and The Who, while being stylishly influenced by modern Rock acts like Collective Soul and Velvet Revolver. littleSUNDAY have an established reputation for being a highly energetic and tight-sounding act. Their live successes are due to two main attributes: a collective decade of experience and impressive individual talent.
"There were a couple of amazing rock acts featured, including littleSUNDAY... "SUNDAY" were high energy all the way -- with rousing vocals and wild, melodic guitar riffs, that really got the crowd to stand up and take notice."
(Joe Curtis - 2005 Toronto Independent Music Award - show review)
. Combining New Rock adrenaline with alternative sounds, this Rock powerhouse has what it takes to make a BIG Impact!
. The future is Big for littleSUNDAY! Recent accomplishments include: Featured on Y108 / AllAxis / IndieBand Radio, 1st runner-up in Edge102 XTreme Band Slam top-10 picks for CMW2006, guest featured performers at the First Annual 2005 Toronto Independent Music Awards, 94.9 FM "the ROCK" 2005 Local & Loud Finalists.
. Such recent accomplishments provided littleSUNDAY with the confidence and determination to be heard by both the independent and corporate music community. So get Hooked, Lined, and Sink into the Infectious New Rock of littleSUNDAY!
* Featured online:
- BandRadio.com - Band of the Month – June 2006 (www.bandradio.com)
- isound.com (http://www.isound.com/music/littlesunday)
- Canadian Music Rocks - ‘Spotlight Band’ – Week of 04.July.2006 (www.myspace.com/canadianmusicrocks).
- Power Cast Radio, June 2006 (www.powercastentertainment.com/uploads/playlistL.html)
- Spill Magazine, June 2006 (www.spillmagazine.com)
- Tangible Sounds (www.tangiblesounds.com/littlesundaycd.cfm)
- Ultimate RockStar: (http://www.ultimaterockstar.com/BandHome.aspx?bandId=22)
* NXNE 2006 showcase
* Performers at the 2006 Toronto Independent Music Awards Show (2006 TIMA) OCT.2006
* Featured on Y108 Hamilton Rock Radio
* Trip to 2006 Junos in Halifax as winner of TDL Music Band of the Year
* WEST49 "Band of the Month" April 2006
* Band Radio Live: Congratulations to littleSUNDAY, from Sonicbids, on being selected for the Band Radio Streaming Radio Live opportunity
* Canadian Radio Music Awards at CMW2006, ANR Lounge feature presentation/interview
* CMW2006 Showcase
* 102.1 "the EDGE" XTreme Band Slam for CMW2006: 1st runner-up
* Featured online on AllAxis Radio / IndieBand Radio
* 2005 Band of The Year TDL Music Group
* Featured performers at the 2005 Toronto Independent Music Awards show (2005 TIMA)
* CMW2005 Showcase
* 94.9 FM "the ROCK" 2005 Local & Loud Finalists
* CMW2004 Showcase
* Rogers Highspeed Superstar 2004 Finalists
* Online Distribution Deal with Statue Records (USA)
* 97.7 HTZ FM 2003 & 2004 Rock Search Semi-Finalists
* 2003 Emergenza Music Festival Semi-Finalists
* CMW2003 Showcase
* Featured In Over 10 CD / Compilations such as CMW / IndieBlast / Emergenza /CanadianMusic.com / IndiePool / PopKomm / Music75.com / Toronto Experimental Artists Compilation / MQM Vol.2 / Jagermeister /Live-Rock Shooter / BandPromote.com Sampler #24 / GenSub CMW2005
* Nominated as one of "Canada's Best Online Indie Bands" on www.canadian-music.com
* Charted No.2 on www.garageband.com
*** CONTACT ***