Q: LOUIE, why do you put bikini girls on your CD cover?
A: Because "I'M TRYING TO SELL THIS CD"
A: Do you really think a picture of me in a bikini on the cover would sell this CD?
1. I'M TRYING TO SELL THIS CD - I love to say that thousands of people have my CD's. . . Notice I said Thousands have my CD's (not Thousands bought my CD's).
2. SINGING IS FUN - A song about how much fun this job (lets be real "hobby") is. It's my way of saying thank you to all of the people that come to see me PLAY (notice I said play not work).
3. I'M NOT SHAVING TODAY - This song first appeared on my CD "The Trop Rock Show", but then I recorded it at my friend Gregg Mosley's studio and he added the harmonica and a lot more so I had to release it again. PS. Check out Gregg's CD "Tools Of The Trade" it is fantastic.
4. I SEE THE WORLD THROUGH TEAL TINTED GLASSES - I grew up with a very positive outlook on life. My Grandmother always said "Louie you see the world through rose covered glasses". I grew up and fell in love with the ocean, islands, boats and beaches (oh yea and bikinis). I've been able to keep my positive outlook on life, so now “I See The World Through Teal Tinted Glasses”.
5. PILAR - This is a song about Ernest Hemingway's boat. I've always been a huge Hemingway fan, I think it is amazing that he traveled so much, did so much and was so fearless that long ago. Some people are afraid to travel today in this modern world. After much research, what struck me most was his love of his custom made boat "Pilar". Maybe I'm reading between the lines, but when he got older and gave up his boat he also lost his sanity.
6. THE BALLAD OF CALYPSO LOUIE - Calypso Louie is a totally made up, fictitious person. I am nothing like him. (Yea Right) Mark Twain said "Write what you know" so here you go.
7. I JUST LOVE IT - With this song I was just trying to paint a picture in your mind of walking on the beach with no worries in the world. I just love that kind of life. “Write what you love”.
8. WEALTHIEST GUY IN THE WORLD - I see so many rich people with lots of money but no life. Wealthy (to me) does not mean that you have a lot of money. What is money anyway? I think Jimmy Buffett said it best; money is just "Fun Tickets". "All I need is enough to buy a boat and enough time to use it" (hay wait, that's another song).
9. ALL MEN WHO WONDER ARE NOT LOST - Most of my songs are about that guy who would love to get away, this one is about that guy that doest want to . . . but he has too.
10. I Wanna Be The Skipper - So I'm riding all alone on my boat on my way to Southport, NC. When this song pops in my head. I sang it all day. It was a great day.
11. Marathon Key Caper - My friend Steve and I took my boat to the keys. We had a blast except for one night.