At the Barricades: Volume 1 is the first of three compilations of sensational music from an all-star roster of artists assembled by celebrated Canadian musician and producer Chris Brown for the Toronto-based environmental justice charity Lake Ontario Waterkeeper (www.waterkeeper.ca).
At the Barricades: Volume 1 features new tracks from: Broken Social Scene, Sarah Harmer, Bill Frisell, Boi Brasileiro & Scotty Hard, Chris Brown, Kate Fenner, Stars, Dave Bidini, and Tony Scherr. Also found on the compilation are songs from Bruce Cockburn, Pete Seeger, Mads Mouritz, Gordon Downie & Atom Agoyan, and Sex Mob. The music is impassioned and reflective, emotive and provoking: a powerful companion to the Waterkeeper movement.
Brown, who has traveled and recorded with B.B. King, The Tragically Hip, Bourbon Tabernacle Choir, and Kate Fenner, was spurned into action after settling into life on Wolfe Island, where the St. Lawrence River meets Lake Ontario. “At the Barricades reflects the efforts of artists committed to the fight for clean air and water,” says Brown.
“At the Barricades is exciting for every person who cares about Lake Ontario,” says Waterkeeper and President of Lake Ontario Waterkeeper Mark Mattson. “These artists are joining Waterkeeper at the grassroots, where ordinary citizens are struggling to break down the barriers to fair, democratic, and just environmental decision-making.”
2. Until It's Dead - Broken Social Scene
3. Beautiful Creatures Bruce Cockburn
4. Toada de Cavallo Marinho (Scotty Hard Mix) -Boi Brasileiro
6. Oblivion - Chris Brown
7. Escarpment Blues (Live) -Sarah Harmer
9. I Like It a Whole Lot - Sex Mob
10. Nothing But Heartache in Your Social Life - Gordon Downie&Atom Egoyan
11. Paa Et Kontor - Mads Mouritz
12. Old Man - Kate Fenner
13. Waking Down Death Row - Pete Seeger
14. 1st 5 Times (Remix) - Stars
15. The Moncton Hellraiser - Dave Bidini
16. Natural World -Tony Scherr
18. Across the Universe - Bill Frisell