Lydia Adams Davis
Professional Entertainer/Recording Artist
American Sign Language Mentor/Puppeteer
With a lifetime commitment spanning more than thirty five years, Lydia Adams Davis’ extensive experience reflects her standout talent, passion for the arts, and passion to make a difference in the lives of students and audiences of all ages across nationality, race and creed.
• Professional Performing Artist - throughout North America and Europe for audiences of all ages from large festivals to intimate school and library settings.
• Singer-Songwriter - writes, produces and records high quality CD’s/mp3s in the acoustic, country-folk, contemporary genre. Presents unique, educational, enlightening programs rich in history, environmental lessons and pure musical entertainment with live improvisation.
• Music Educator - extensive employment as a teaching artist in New York State schools, private instruction, music workshops, songwriting and performance.
• American Sign Language - proficient in storytelling and songwriting to totally engage both one-on-one and large audiences.
• Puppeteer Performer - presents skits and songs promoting self-esteem, problem solving, life skills and caring for our world.
• Independent Singer-Songwriter/Performer - more than thirty-five years.(see above)
• Young Audiences - New York City, NY - twenty years.
• Music for Many - Westchester, New York - twenty years.
• Arts Horizons - New York and New Jersey - twenty years.
• Three Feathers Music - Independent Recording Artist Label established in 1983.
• Private Instructor - throughout career.
Gift of Story
Take Me Back
Live at the Speak Easy
One Land One Heart
Broad Old River: Pete Seeger and the Hudson River Sloop Singers
Time's Running Out for Garbage
• Hunter College New York - Master of Science, Special Education. Summa cum Laude
• Elmira College New York - Bachelor of Arts, English Education, minor in Drama
• New York State Public Schools - Permanent State Certification in Deaf and the Hearing Impaired
• Gauludet University - American Sign Language, Cued Speech and Audiology
• Bloomingdale House of Music, New York City - Orff Schulwerk Teaching Certificate
• Bank Street College of Education/Berkeley Carroll Street School - Artist Residency, Music Teacher
• Oberlin University - Life-long study in voice, piano and guitar with Professor Mary Sherman Caskey
• Storytelling with my father - Harrison Merrill Davis, Jr., direct descendant of President John Adams.
• Northfield Mount Hermon School - Northfield, Massachusetts, private instruction and full performance.
Nancy Wallach - New York City Board of Education, New York, NY
Pete Seeger - Legendary Singer-Songwriter, Beacon, New York, NY
Donald Gordon – Environmental Scientist, Ph.D., Halifax, Canada
Lydia Adams Davis
PO Box 162 Cornwall, NY 12518