To music fans on the net;
Last December (2008) I was invited to appear in the Korean Program
"Boys over flowers", which was filmed at the Venetian Hotel and Casino in Macau, China.
This is the most popular soap opera in South Korea at the moment and it was a great experience for me to have an acting role in it. Please look at episode 14, my scenes are towards the end of the episode with the lead female actor after she gets dumped by her boyfriend and I take her out on a gondola ride.
I want to introduce myself, my name is Marco Antonio Varela and I was born in Mexico City. I always loved music and this CD is the affirmation that this is what I need to be involved in.
I graduated from the University of Nevada,Las Vegas.
I made my professional debut with the Seattle Opera Company in 1996, with the role of "Parpignol" in the opera La Boheme.
Since then, My career has taken off in many directions,
- I sing an average of 7 concerts a year
- I recorded a jingle for Hershey's "Kissables" that played for two years nationwide in Mexico and Latin America.
- I sang before a world wide audience of
200 million,during a championship fight with Oscar de la Hoya at the Mandalay bay Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
- I performed for the first lady of Guatemala at the four seasons hotel in Las Vegas.
- I performed for Nevada's Governor Mr. Kenny Guinn at the Governor's Mansion.
- I performed for various special events for the Mexican and German consulates in Las Vegas.
- I am a member of a group of four professional tenors, called "T4" and we sing together about four times a year. We are planning to record together and go on tour.
- I like being involved in fundraisers for charities, I am always being asked to perform and happy to do so.
I think Trilogia has a great mix of opera arias, contemporary and old-style Italian songs and some traditional Spanish balads.
Everyone who has heard this CD has liked it very much and I look forward to sharing more great music on the net.
I decided to name the album "Trilogia" for three main reasons:
1 - Music is not bound by any border
2 - Music is owned by everyone
3 - Music is the only true universal language
Enjoy this album.
PERFORMANCE UPDATES ;
- I perform regularly at a radio show in Las Vegas called "The Dennis Bono Show" that is taped with a live audience.
- I performed at a benefit for a local blind center on November 3rd, 2007.
- Our group "T4",performed for the first time together on "The Dennis Bono Show" on December 6th, 2007 at Sam's town Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. This radio show is taped with a live audience of about 800 people and then it's broadcasted to 11 states in the USA.
We performed there on February 7th,2008 to great reviews.
- "T4" performed on December 21st at the Lloyd George Federal Courthouse. This will be the 5th year in a row we perform the Christmas show for the city of Las Vegas.
NEW CD UPDATE!!!!
- The new CD is finally taking shape. It is called "Bel Anima" and it promises to be a very enjoyable compilation of various styles that will help you get into a positive and optimistic frame of mind, In other words, it's a FUN cd!
I am now touring in Asia, while composing new songs for this album, I think it should be ready to go on sale at the end of this year.
If you have any suggestions or comments on "Trilogia", please email me at: Cantatenor@hotmail.com.
I am also working on getting my own webpage and in this way keep in touch with everyone around the world who has given me their love and support. THANK YOU.