The music of The Sunny Island follows the best traditions of Greek music:
* Rooted in the style of Zorba's Dance, Syrtaki, Rebetika or Laika
* Following the works of Mikis Theodorakis, George Dalaras, Tsitsanis or Zambetas
* Dancing on Syrto, Tsifteteli or Hasapiko rhythms
It contains 11 original tracks and one folk-dance (Hasaposerviko D). The traditional element is enhanced with excellent performance, imaginative arrangements and clear production.
Also, there are some interesting experiments:
* Elliniko Dzaz is a Bouzouki instrumental with a touch of Swing - think Django Reinhardt on Bouzouki
* Tsifteteli has a great arrangement, incorporating power-strings and some strong Drum'n'Bass - you'll be amazed of the universality of the Greek Bouzouki
* Misunderstanding is a track played entirely by two Bouzoukia - no other instruments; a gentle touch of Classical music - it's like a short trip to heaven, really.
Similar artists include: Hiotis, Tsitsanis, Nikolopoulos, Laykas, Lemonopoulos, Zampetas etc.