kelly kidd-Lead Vocals
spike belcher -Guitar
The Messies were formed in the spring of 2003 by Kelly Kidd, who hails from the small farming town of Foley, Minnesota and Thomas Gallmeier, a drummer from Germany, thinking that after having played all over the world, this was his best chance to trade in his lederhosen for a shot at the big time. Kelly had already been beating the Hollywood streets as a singer/songwriter and once persuaded a record label to sign him. Shortly after, the deal went bust and Kelly returned to selling sun block and swimsuits. Realizing his own life and career were a mess, he once again set out to rock the world.
here is a summary of their story over the past few years:
• 2008 thomas gallmeier and kelly kidd start a new writing and producing project called Michael Menace.
• 2007 THE MESSIES WRITE, CO-WRITE AND RECORD 4 SONGS WITH GLEN BALLARD AND PLAY SHOWS IN NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES.
• 2007 - THE MESSIES RECORD INTERVIEW AND VIDEO WITH BILLBOARD UNDERGROUND.
• 2006 - the messies SIGN WITH SIX-TIME GRAMMY PRODUCER GLEN BALLARD AND ARE FEATURED ON MTV’S LAGUNA BEACH AND NEWPORT HARBOR TV SHOWS.
• 2006 the messies sign a new licensing deal with MTV for their most popular shows, Punk’d, Pimp my Ride, Next, among others.
• UCLA radio features the messies on their radio show and puts their songs “Genius” and “Never Ending Happy Ending” from their second CD, Life Gets Meaner (2006), still entirely written and produced by Gallmeier/Kidd, in rotation.
• the messies are featured on MTV’s Laguna Beach, season 1 DVD and CD soundtrack. June 2005.
• the messies are featured in XM Satellite Radio and other Internet radio stations.
• The messies song “Anything Is Possible” is promoted in Shape magazine through an article reviewing the best workout music. January 2005.
• Clear Channel promotes shows at the House of Blues and the Avalon for the messies and the B-52’s.
• The Virgin Megastore in Hollywood picks the messies first album, Behind Every Scream (2004), as one out of tenthousand unsigned bands to be carried in their store.
• the messies play with Fall Out Boy, the Scissor Sisters, We Are Scientists, Kill Radio and Rock Kills Kid at select shows in L.A. and Orange County.
• the messies open for the B-52’s at California shows.
• 2004-2006, Orange County and Los Angeles County schools sign up for the messies concert series benefiting school youth organizations and tell oriented non-profit foundations.
• the messies play for the Mighty Ducks in Anaheim during Stanley Cup playoffs in 2003.
• the messies become a featured band in KIIS FM’s summer long talent hunt and Ellen K’s favorite with their song “Super Sexy.”