Looking for the perfect birthday music? From Swing to Salsa, Heavy Metal to Tchaikovsky, the Birthday Music CD contains fifty unique instrumental versions of the song “Happy Birthday to You.” Many of the pieces cleverly combine the “Happy Birthday” melody with other famous compositions, such as “Auld Lang Syne,” The Mexican Hat Dance,” and “The Star Spangled Banner.” All of the tracks are masterfully arranged to take you on an incomparable musical journey. Download all 50 to have the ideal music to play at any birthday celebration. Choose your favorite versions to send along with birthday egreetings, or use them as background music in family birthday videos. If you would like a hard copy of The Birthday Music CD to give as a gift, you can buy it at: www.thebirthdaycd.com (Click on the link on the bottom left hand corner of this page).
Top 10 Uses for The Birthday Music CD
1. Birthday Gift - The perfect birthday gift to another or to yourself.
2. Background Music for a Birthday Party - Provides the ideal birthday atmosphere. Party guests enjoy guessing the musical style of each selection. Also use it for a more dramatic start to a surprise birthday party.
3. Answering Machine Birthday Greeting - Play one of the tracks on a friend or relative's answering machine for their birthday.
4. Home Videos and Professional Videographers - The perfect background music to accompany videos of birthday parties.
5. Music Education - Ideal tool for music education. Use it to teach or learn how melody, harmony, and rhythm can be altered to fit musical styles.
6. DJs - Highlight the theme of a birthday party with just the right version of "Happy Birthday to You."
7. Karaoke - Sing along to the different renditions at a club or private party (see if you can sing along to some of the more challenging renditions--or have your friends try them instead!).
8. Radio and TV Show Preparation - Background music for the reading of famous people's birthdays.
9. Birthday Gift Baskets - A great addition to any birthday gift basket.
10. Pure Musical Fun - The Birthday Music CD will take you on an unparalleled journey through 50 different musical styles from all over the world . . . on any day of the year!
***The Birthday Music CD*** was recently reviewed by nationally syndicated music reviewer Jerry Osborne (aka "Mr. Music"), who called The Birthday CD "the consummate Happy Birthday to You collection" that makes an "excellent background music for a birthday party." It was also featured on the Stephanie Edwards radio talk show, who told her listeners: "The Birthday Music CD is truly amazing!" Wow!
Michael Hughes is an experienced and versatile musician capable of performing in a variety of musical situations. Michael received his Bachelor of Composition Degree from Berklee College of Music and taught there several years as well. He was musical director for “Hair” in Boston and has backed up many artists including Thelma Houston and Kenny Rankin.
As a composer, Michael has written a rock opera that was performed at the Roundhouse Theater in London, England, arranged music for the Buddy Rich Band, and written and performed music for the television shows “The Untouchables,” “Wings,” “Cheers,” “Dear John” and “Frasier.”
Michael is extremely proficient at electronic music. He is adept at computer sequencing and programming synthesizers. He has booked and led his own bands from four to ten pieces and is quite comfortable conducting and leading bands of all kinds.
Michael’s favorite thing to do is to play the keyboards. He is equally at home on acoustic piano and synthesizer. He can play many different styles of music - honestly and with authority.
Currently, Michael is living in Los Angeles, working studios, clubs and casuals.
CDs by Mike Hughes:
“The Birthday Music CD”
"The Birthday CD for Piano"
“Messin’ with the Classix”
“In My Solitude”