Mr. Narwhal is an artist based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota that is the definition of the "one man band". Luke Pickman fuses his extensive background consisting of many different band/orchestral instruments with a modern take on indie singing/songwriting.
All instruments were recorded by Luke in his St. Cloud apartment studio.
This album "Snapshot Summer" has quite a range of instrumentation that really differs in each song to create a unique sound. Here is the instrumentation I used for those interested:
1. Multicolored Shoes: Vocals, Ukulele, Guitar, Piccolo, Electric Bass, Glockenspiel, Claps, Tambourine, Shaker
2. Benjamin Godfrey: Vocals, Ukulele, 2 Flutes, Alto Flute, Glockenspiel, Bassoon, Electric Bass, Snare, Bass Drum, Aux Perc.
3. Snapshot Summer: Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, 3 Cellos, 2 Flutes, Piccolo, Double Bass, Snare, Bass Drum
4. Strings: Vocals, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass, Snare, Bass Drum
5. Veiled in Black: Vocals, Piano, Marimba, 3 Cellos, 3 Flutes, Piano
6. Museum Mausoleum: Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Accordion, Cello, Double Bass, Snare