An all-volunteer group of Phish fans produced a two-disc Phish cover album, Sharin' in the Groove, which features nearly two hours of music from an impressive roster of 23 acts including: The Wailers, Dave Matthews, Jimmy Buffett, John Scofield, DJ Logic, the Boredoms, Son Seals, Merl Saunders, Arlo Guthrie, Stanford Marching Band, and Phish lyricist Tom Marshall, as well as members of the Trey Anastasio Band, Jefferson Airplane, Talking Heads, Pavement, and Los Lobos.
Though it features 23 acts covering the music of Phish, this is no typical tribute:
* It was produced independently on an all-volunteer basis.
* The artists played for free, and all our net revenues go to music education for children.
* The contributors represent influences on Phish, rather than the other way around.
* It includes 18 genres, including rock, pop, folk, bluegrass, jazz, symphony, marching band, barbershop, punk, ambient, & drum n bass.
* The tracks are organized like a live show, with two sets and an encore: