Rhythm Roots was born out of a lifetime of different musical experiences as performer.
Playing piano from the age of 5, then drums, accordion, harmonica, marimba and jazz on vibraphone, my life took a sharp turn after joining the recknow Canadian percussion ensemble Répercussion, where I arranged a lot of classical music re-adapted to be played on mallets. The group also invited master-drummers from Ivory Coast to teach us the art of African drumming from Ivory Coast and Senegal.
Life took another sharp turn after joining the Cirque du Soleil Mystère where they sent me to the Island of Sado to study the art of Japanese Taïkos with my senseï Katsuji Kondo San.
Coming back to Montréal, I had to train the house-troup to perform the opening and closing segments of the show Mystère, training hundreds of acrobats and dancers the art of taïko.
After 10 years, I joined the Lion King show of Las Vegas to become the marimba player.
But, enough of me, as Rhythm Roots was inspired by Sounds, the sounds that I found in those different sound librairies who allowed me to compose from the privacy of my home on the computer.
Of course, as any composer, the dream is to have those music compositions to be one day performed live with a real orchestra.
In the meantime, it is time for those compositions to see the light of day and reach out to you, in the hope that you will like my music as much as I did enjoyed putting it together.
I would like to give here special thanks to all those who have been putting thesse sounds that I have used to create all this.
So, Thank you to;
Sample Librairies used to create Rhythm Roots and Falling Through Shadows
1. Primal Drums by Big Fish Audio
2. Bass Legends vol.1 by Spectrasonics
Bass Samples by Abraham Laboriel- courtesy of Spectrasonics Bass Legends
Bass Samples by Marcus Miller- courtesy of Spectrasonics Bass Legends
Bass Samples by John Patitucci- courtesy of Spectrasonics Bass Legends
3. Samples courtesy of Spectrasonics' Distorted Reality 2
4. Hans Zimmer Guitars Volume 1 and 2 by Spectrasonics
5. Pandora's Toolbox David Torn/Q Up Arts
"David Torn: sample-flavors from Pandora's Toolbox"
6. Heart of Asia produced by Schtiing Music and Distributed by Spectrasonics
7. Heart of Africa vol.1 by Spectrasonics
8. Vocal samples courtesy of Spectrasonics' "Vocal Planet"
9. Metamorphosis produced by Eric Persing distributed by Spectrasonics
10. World Winds produced by Dirk Campbell's, distributed by Ilio
11. Sounds include in this recording are from Percussion Wall produced by Ernest Cholakin (featuring Dick Gail) for numerical Sound.
12. Steve Gadd DrumScores, by Q Up Arts
13. Origins by Dirk Campbell's, distributed by Ilio Entertainments
14. String samples used in some of these recordings are from the "Garritan Orchestral Strings" by Gary Garritan
15. Personal Orchestra; Orchestral samples used in some of these recordings are from Garritan Personal Orchestra
16. EZ Drummer and Latin Percussion by Toontrack ezx
17. Virtual Guitarist vol.1 by VST Instruments by Steinberg distributed by Wizoo.
18. Stormdrum Intakt and Kompakt by Eastwest Sounds.inc
19.Pecrussive Adventures 2 by Eastwest Sounds.inc
20. Evolve Mutations by Native Instruments
21. Quantum Leap Goliath by Native Instruments