Merriam-Webster defines music as: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity. This source also defines prophet as: an effective or leading spokesman for a cause, doctrine, or group. If you combine the definition it reads: An effective spokesman for the doctrine of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity. Let’s term this new definition “The Prophetionals”.
The Prophetionals haven’t recreated the wheel. They have just found a way to improve it. Music was in the earth before man was on the earth. Therefore, to say “The Prophetionals” are creating something new would be artificial. However, we can say that their innovation is official. Clever, creative, and direct are three words that come to mind when hearing this trio composed of Elisha, Mark the Prophetional, and SWORD. The three MC crew is from Columbus, Ohio and is produced by Mark the Prophetional.
“The Pros”, as they are also known, just plain represent. We can make this bio sound corporate friendly, but what’s the point? These brothers have clearly been given authority of music. Their ability to give us listeners what we need and want are incredible. It feels like they had an opportunity to see our core and produced the substance needed to satisfy it.
“Kwiktohearslowtospeak” is their freshman project. However, you won’t believe it. Merriam-Webster describes it best in its musical definition, “…to produce a composition having unity and continuity.” When measuring “The Pros” to this statement, we almost feel they are under represented. You can’t tell whether the production gave birth to the MC or the MC gave birth to the production. One thing is for sure, they have all been birthed by the “Father”. You can call it talent, gifts, anointing, or whatever vernacular you choose. However, it is clear that “The Prophetionals” command our ears as indicated in their logo, the title “Kwiktohearslowtospeak” (“Quick to hear slow to speak”), and the sentiments of those who have listened.
• "That 'Father, Father' song is hot to deaf, it ministers to my soul". ~ Krystal Walker
• "I listened to the CD you gave me and MAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN is all I can say!" ... "When I heard the first track on the CD you gave me I went crazy in the car!!" ~ Brandee;
• "Wow. You all are very talented." ... "I am very intrigued by your sound, as it is by far THE most professional sounding and unique sounding material I have heard to date from Christian artists". ~ Maria Capulong
• "I have been spinning your EP you gave me at the meeting. We Get Love (We Give Love) is bananas". ~ DJ Layne Love
• "I wanted to tell you that I listened to your “The Pros” Demo EP, and I must say that I was blown away by the message that you are delivering. You give something for the saved as well as the unsaved, you give hope to the blind, and power to the cripple. I really like the creativity that you give but even better, a great foundation (something to stand on). May the Lord continue to watch and bless “The Prophetionals". ~ Minister Burkes from Mt. Hermon
• "I stumbled across this 5 song sampler and my mouth is watering! Incredible!!!! The timing is awesome" ... "this is just fantastic work, the lord puts his message in people who find ways to do his will and your sound and sermon are living proof. I can't even pick a favorite because it's all good!" ... "Thank the Lord for ya'll as his instruments". ~ Malik Iverson
Nothing is more powerful than unsolicited testimony. Actually, I stand corrected. “The Pros” first project is!