SpiritStep - Helping you to take the 1st Step towards 11th Step Meditation!
Emotional stability. Serenity. Improved health.
Do these sound appealing? These are the first benefits of meditation and can be yours by adding this 11th Step practice to your program!
Learn to meditate in your home or with a group using the SpiritStep One Beginning Meditation: Relax and Let Go CD.
SpiritStep One Beginning Meditation: Relax and Let Go
Relax, observe and let go of unmanageable thoughts, emotions, and physical habits with meditation.
This first CD of the series offers:
* A discussion of 1st Step concepts and practices about learning to meditate - seeing how a source of our troubles are unmanageable thought and emotions
* Easy to learn beginning meditation techniques that help overcome this inner unmanageable part of ourselves
* 2 guided meditations along with serene piano music that you can work with to build a foundation for your 11th Step practice
* Ideas on how to practice these skills throughout the day Whether you are a newcomer, an old timer, in-between or associated with other 12 Step programs this will be a wonderful addition to your program and spiritual life.
Now Available SpiritStep Two Restore Sanity: Let Go & Let Love. Take the next step in your 11th Step meditation practice
The First Step of Alcoholics Anonymous states: "Admitted we were powerless over alcohol, and that our lives had become unmanageable."
The Eleventh Step of Alcoholics Anonymous states: "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."
In learning meditation, the first SpiritStep is to "Admit that we are powerless over our thoughts and emotions and that they are unmanageable." How can we overcome this? With Meditation!
The SpiritStep objective is to: Develop an understanding of the 11th step from Alcoholics Anonymous, Learn to apply it, from the very 1st step, Teach easy and understandable methods of meditation as a tool for recovery and overcoming any life situation
Hi, my name is Randy and I'm an alcoholic.
I have discovered the great benefits of working the steps in while I learned to grow a practice of meditation. I did this during own struggles to achieve sobriety, and, serenity within sobriety. It is my hope that this will help others to identify with my message, and allow me to reach out and help teach the beginning concepts and practice of meditation.
The SpiritStep approach was developed by teaching of 12 Step meditation workshops in our local jail, hospital and recovery homes. We can teach people in recovery, and all 12 Step related groups, how to meditate using the language and concepts of recovery.
The SpiritStep One and SpiritStep Two CD's are also an effective tool for 11th Step Meetings and for recovery counselors to use in groups to help introduce a spiritual practice of meditation early in sobriety.
It is our hope to offer this first SpiritStep lesson on CD for members of all 12 step recovery programs and organizations. This is a tool for the recovery community:
* New members to recovery, or just new to meditation in your recovery
* Residents of recovery homes and hospital facilities
* 11th Step Meetings
We hope to help bring an inner journey of sobriety through meditation to a larger audience.
How it works
Here is how the SpiritStep lessons are designed...
To teach meditation skills as a practical healing tool that offers significant rewards to impact the physical, emotional and mental well-being of the participants.
* To present the beginning concepts and guided meditations to help build a spiritual connection and foundation in early recovery.
* To coincide with each of the Twelve Steps as presented by Alcoholics Anonymous.
* To give two 15-20 minute guided meditations that relate to the Step, and suggest out of class exercises and information about how these relate to each step and the recovery process.
* To use for individual meditations and in group meditations settings.