The Light is Album Oriented Rock (aka Progressive Rock, Classic Rock.)
Robert Bruce Scott: Vocals, Guitars, Keyboard, Bass Guitar, Percussion, Banjo, Mandolins, Celtic Harp
Cody Dorrell: Backing vocal on "Chain of Evil"
Lisa Owen-Carlson: Lead vocal on "The Wrong Man"
Danielle Bailey: Lead and Harmony vocals on "Getting Over You"
With rich synthetic orchestration and a broad range of vocal stylings, The Light blends elements of hard rock, disco, country, blues, folk rock, and classical music into a coherent album that you will listen to again and again. Robert's instrumentation for this album includes a 32-string Celtic harp as well as 12-string guitar, mandolin, banjo, along with strong rock instrumentation.
Songs on The Light have been compared favorably to: Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Styx, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Bon Jovi and Jesus Christ Superstar (Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Weber).
NOTE: The Light includes a web page that will autoload when you put the cd into your computer. The page has pictures, lyrics, liner notes and copyright information.
Here are some things other people have said about Robert's music:
* "BOY CAN HE SING!!!!" - Sharon Trimmer, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
* "His guitar is unpretentious (that's good) and emotive. It isn't saying 'Look what I can do!' Its saying 'Lemme tell you how I feel...' This stuff is very smooth." Simon "Vampsteroonie" Holyoake - a well known speed metal guitarist in Leicester, England
* "This is definitely rock. I must really like rock. He must have been strongly influenced by Jesus Christ Superstar" - Dr. Barbara Scott, Lawton, Oklahoma
* "What a voice!" - Elizabeth Sarver, Operatic Soprano, San Antonio, Texas
* "The keyboards are really good" - Rob Archer, Lawton, Oklahoma
* "That boy can really sing and play the piano" - Dr. Linnea Boynevich, Chicago, Illinois
* "It's unusual to see a guy with fingers that big playing a harp" - Glen Henry, Oklahoma City, OK
* "That voice is a deadly weapon" - David "Jones" Smith, Lawton, Oklahoma
* "A lot of people think I'm into music. I'm not. I'm into sound. That's what I like about Robert's albums. Lots of interesting sounds." - George Geurin, Digital Engineering Services, Dallas, Texas
* "This is almost music theater. It reminds me of Styx." - Lisa Owen-Carlson, Lawton, Oklahoma
* "Unpretentious progressive rock is an oxymoron" - Christopher Young, Tokyo, Japan
* "Man, you're so picky" - Michael Kern, Lawton, Oklahoma
The Light is an Album Oriented Rock project with strong classical influences. A secular epiphany regarding relationships. Listen to excerpts here at cdbaby
Produced by Robert Bruce Scott at The Asylum, 2003
Robert Bruce Scott - Heavy Metal Poisoning (2009)
...Heavy Metal with Belly Dance / World Music rhythms, powerhouse vocals and guitar, all drenched in heavy metal synthesizers. Over the top in a good way... Noiseman433, vocals, signal processers; Bradley Moore, keyboards; Paul Radecki, percussion. Availability: http://www.cdbaby.com/rbs6
Robert Bruce Scott - Heart and Soul (2007)
...gorgeous Celtic harp and stunning classical guitar music with cultured vocals of an operatic tenor at the peak of his training and performance. Availability: http://www.cdbaby.com/rbs5
Robert Bruce Scott - Woody (2006)
...glistening acoustic rock. Evelyn Johnson, additional vocals; Jonathan Silpayamanant, cello. Availability: http://www.cdbaby.com/rbs4
Robert Bruce Scott - Killing Time (2004)
...rock, rock and roll - guitar driven. Availability: http://www.cdbaby.com/rbs3
Robert Bruce Scott - Virtual America (2003)
...piano-driven gospel, country and rock. Availibility: http://www.cdbaby.com/rbs2
Robert Bruce Scott - The Light (2003)
...album oriented rock with synthetic orchestration. Additional vocals by Cody Dorrell, Lisa Owen-Carlson and Danielle Bailey. Availibility: http://www.cdbaby.com/rbs
The Troubadour - BONNIE ROSE (2002)
...classic and original folk songs and Italian arias arranged for mandolin, two voices, tambourine and bassoon. Susan Diekman, Bassoon; Martha Aponte, Alto; Robert Bruce Scott, Tenor, mandolin, and tambourine. Availability: contact robert@ArtistStudio.com
The Source - Embryo / Three Trees - nut (1999)
...two albums on one cd. The Source was David Christian Anderson, Casey Alexander Gray and Robert Bruce Scott. Three Trees was David (Jones) Smith, Casey Alexander Gray and Robert Bruce Scott. Embryo is AOR, nut is folk/classical/alternative. Both are very experimental. Availability: contact robert@ArtistStudio.com
Three Trees and Friends - Christmas on the Boulevard (1998)
...a collection of classic and original christmas songs performed by more than 20 musicians from Lawton, Oklahoma. Availability: contact robert@ArtistStudio.com
Robert Bruce Scott's current projects include il Troubadore - Indy's 16th Century Rock Band. Formed with cellist Jonathan Silpayamanant in 2004, the band has garnered notoriety around Indianapolis for their unique instrumentation (mandolin & cello), their offbeat covers of popular music from the 11th Century to the present, and their work with belly dancers, featuring original songs with strong middle-eastern folk influences. For more information, go to www.troubadore.com